Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Nickyd

Ft4/pro tongues

Hi does anyone know where to buy ft4 tongues? Ccm Sells xs tongues, but not the jet speed style ones. I like the the way they angled the cut. If anyone has lead on them, or has a pair to sell let me know thanks! I emailed ccm about it. Waiting for response 

22 hours ago, Nickyd said:

Hi does anyone know where to buy ft4 tongues? Ccm Sells xs tongues, but not the jet speed style ones. I like the the way they angled the cut. If anyone has lead on them, or has a pair to sell let me know thanks! I emailed ccm about it. Waiting for response 

I might have an extra pair laying around if you want to buy them. They are a size medium.

On a side note, anyone notice that the XS tongues seem harder to come by in the most popular sizes?

I've been looking for a pair of the Extra in a size large and can't find anything other than x-small and small if even that. 

Dunno if it's just a supply chain issue and they'll eventually restock everywhere or if CCM is phasing them out for some new version.

17 hours ago, Vuronov said:

On a side note, anyone notice that the XS tongues seem harder to come by in the most popular sizes?

I've been looking for a pair of the Extra in a size large and can't find anything other than x-small and small if even that. 

Dunno if it's just a supply chain issue and they'll eventually restock everywhere or if CCM is phasing them out for some new version.

Shoot me a pic or link of what you are looking for.  I bought the thicker tounges for my 100k Pros, but ended up just using the stock ones.  My skate is a 9.5 ( so i am not sure what size that is vs what you need ), but if i have what you need, i'll sell them to you.  They are brand new and never skated it.  Only put them on the skates to see if I wanted the stock ones or the thicker ones.

Edited by noupf

21 hours ago, noupf said:

Shoot me a pic or link of what you are looking for.  I bought the thicker tounges for my 100k Pros, but ended up just using the stock ones.  My skate is a 9.5 ( so i am not sure what size that is vs what you need ), but if i have what you need, i'll sell them to you.  They are brand new and never skated it.  Only put them on the skates to see if I wanted the stock ones or the thicker ones.

image.png.e90a0bba454f885ff217d8d83567c16c.png

The Jetspeed tongue is unique and not similar to any of the other tongues. 

On 4/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, noupf said:

That's pretty funny because what you tried is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a pair of 100k Pros and while my size 8 regular fits mostly ok, they feel like they could use a slight in decrease in volume and I was trying to find the extra thick XS Repalcement tongues to take up a bit of that extra volume and see if it improves the fit but I can't find them anywhere in size Large, which covers skates size 8-9.5.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about. It's the right most choice, the one with the black felt trim and prominent D30 pads.

https://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_XS_Replacement_Skate_Tongues_Pair/descpage-CMXST.html

It boggles my mind that I even feel like I need to decrease the volume in the 100K since by all accounts it seemed like it might be the model that had a "smaller" or "tighter" fit relative to the Tacks and Jetspeeds. I have a mostly regular foot but with a slightly wide fore-foot so I comfortably wore Tacks AS1 in 8EE and Jetspeed FT2 in 8EE but with these 100Ks they just feel slightly off which is weird since most people seem to say it has the tightest or slimmest fit relative to fit profile.

Edited by Vuronov

15 hours ago, Vuronov said:

That's pretty funny because what you tried is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a pair of 100k Pros and while my size 8 regular fits mostly ok, they feel like they could use a slight in decrease in volume and I was trying to find the extra thick XS Repalcement tongues to take up a bit of that extra volume and see if it improves the fit but I can't find them anywhere in size Large, which covers skates size 8-9.5.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about. It's the right most choice, the one with the black felt trim and prominent D30 pads.

https://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_XS_Replacement_Skate_Tongues_Pair/descpage-CMXST.html

It boggles my mind that I even feel like I need to decrease the volume in the 100K since by all accounts it seemed like it might be the model that had a "smaller" or "tighter" fit relative to the Tacks and Jetspeeds. I have a mostly regular foot but with a slightly wide fore-foot so I comfortably wore Tacks AS1 in 8EE and Jetspeed FT2 in 8EE but with these 100Ks they just feel slightly off which is weird since most people seem to say it has the tightest or slimmest fit relative to fit profile.

Have you tried changing insoles? The standard insole is very thin and doesn't take up much volume. 

16 hours ago, Vuronov said:

Too funny, same skates and everything.  but yup, those are the ones I have.  Shoot me a PM with an offer if you would like them.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:22 AM, VegasHockey said:

Have you tried changing insoles? The standard insole is very thin and doesn't take up much volume. 

I switched them for the aftermarket CCM orthmove insoles I stick in all my skates. I have flatish feat and find the orthmove insoles with no added instep padding work great for me.

Even with them in the skates just feel a bit roomy. The size seems fine, and skating in them I don't feel super sloppy or weak in the skates. They just feel a bit loose. Like I've baked them, plastic wrapped them to cool, then waited a day to wear them and even when I tighten the laces as tight as possible they just feel a bit too relaxed compared to my previous skates. My previous skates I've always had to really loosen the laces and pull the tongue back to get my feet in or out and get that nice suction noise. With these Ribcors I barely have to loosen the laces to easily slide them in and out. I've never had a skate where I could so easily just slip in or out of them.

I have a slightly wide forefoot but otherwise normal foot and I've previously worn AS1 and FT2 skates both in 8EE, just to give my forefoot a bit extra comfort, but I could wear a normal 8 if I had to, and actually did in my 50K and 11K.

It's why I'm so confused that these 8 Regular Ribcor 100K feel so roomy. I had read that most people felt they were actually the tightest fit of all the lines. I'm almost starting to wonder if someone pulled a switcheroo and stuck an 8 wide skate in my 8 regular box and switched the XS tongues out to match the box lol.

Edited by Vuronov