Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

FT6 Pro gear drop!

I got D30 on Ebay...just be aware of thickness...don't need it to be super-thick...maybe 1/4-1/2" max. I Used superglue...been on there for about a year and no issues. Also made some removable pieces for the flaps that protect the outside and inside of the knees, as I'd taken a few stingers there.  I don't always use them (velcro glued on the shinnies and the D30 pieces).

Hope that helps. 

3 hours ago, dasuchin said:

Dumb question but, do you wear a separate jock with those warroad pants? And I'm guessing whatever separate jock you wear also holds your socks? I've thought about trying those but not sure what I'd do for jock and socks.

I use a CCM pro jock with garter clips. Can wear it with any setup 

On 4/16/2023 at 5:17 AM, BruinDust said:

Is it a problem if they actually make improvements? 

For example, the FT5 Pro has improved durability IMO over the FT4 Pro. All-new Sigmatex material. I'd prefer CCM produce and release a new model each year with improvements than double production on the older model with still contains it's flaws (in the above example durability issues with the FT4 Pro). 

In 2020, the Trigger 5 Pro was released and wasn't received particularly well. I'm sure Ribcore fans were happy to see an improved Trigger 6 Pro in 2021 and didn't have to wait until 2022 for an improved model. 

I only see annual stick releases as an issue if the manufacturer isn't making any innovations or improvements and the new release is basically a repaint. For example, I found there was almost zero difference between the Trigger 2 PMT and the Trigger 3D. There were slight changes but they were so minimal it wasn't noticeable. 

Aside from durability and to some degree, weight, I think most of us agree the technology from one year to the next isn't going to be noticeable. With weight were at the point where if it gets lighter it's not better. 370-400 grams seems to be a very good sweet spot for stick weight. Some may even prefer heavier. Sigmatex, sigmatex 2... I don't buy the marketing. Is it a "better" material. Sure, if you believe the marketing. Will you see the benefits on the ice? Who really knows. 

I get companies need to make more models and make "changes" as they need to make money. That's how it goes. With cars, clothing, etc. But every year... Come on. It's also obvious that they are doing it so they only need to make a limited amount of one model so the product actually gets mostly sold out prior to the new model. There was a time where you could get a good selection of previous model sticks at a huge discount for months to a year after the new release bc the factories had to make 2 years worth of sticks vs 1. 

The ft3 pro was supposed to be the least durable of tht jetspeeds and I've had both of mine since they were released. Blade is still stiff and only cosmetic chips and cuts. 

Edited by Sniper9

Another iteration, another disappointment that the strapping system isn’t back to the style the RBZ was on the shins 😞 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, Jbear said:

I got D30 on Ebay...just be aware of thickness...don't need it to be super-thick...maybe 1/4-1/2" max 

Happen to have a seller’s link? Looked on eBay and Amazon but can’t find anything. Found a random website that sells sheets but they start at $40 which seems crazy 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:09 AM, Westside said:

Happen to have a seller’s link? Looked on eBay and Amazon but can’t find anything. Found a random website that sells sheets but they start at $40 which seems crazy 

I'd love the link too. I've done a few searches but haven't come up with anything. I'd like to add some to the knee-cap portion of my older Bauer S150 shins.

I don't see anything currently...just keep looking. If I need to do it again and can't find D30...there are other good foams out there...I'll use those.  I still have some D30 left but it's too  thick (from a motorcycle back protector), otherwise I'd offer it to you. 

Here's another thought for you. If you happen to need a pair of mitts, grab some CCM pro stock w/ shot blockers. I took the blockers off and used the D30 from those to make some wrist slash guards, but they'd be perfect for reinforcing knees in shinnies.  

Edited by Jbear

Was at Pure Hockey yesterday and took a look at the FT6 Pro elbows and shins... the FT6 Pro elbow pads are really nice, slight strap changes from the FT4 Pro but aside from that the changes appeared cosmetic to my untrained eye (I was hoping to find a pair of FT4 Pros on clearance but ended up ordering a pair direct from CCM today).  The shins didn't impress me much, the knee area didn't seem to have much padding (like most retail pads) and the top flap not being removable seemed a bit odd.  

@VegasHockey I know this might be trivial to some, but do the graphics rub off easily on the new lines ( AS-V line up as well ) of shin guards like the older models did?  Buddy of mine got a pair of the FT6 shin guards last week at our local Pure Hockey, and after one skate there's a few spots where the graphics are already chip / rubbed away.  

17 minutes ago, noupf said:

@VegasHockey I know this might be trivial to some, but do the graphics rub off easily on the new lines ( AS-V line up as well ) of shin guards like the older models did?  Buddy of mine got a pair of the FT6 shin guards last week at our local Pure Hockey, and after one skate there's a few spots where the graphics are already chip / rubbed away.  

So basically like all CCM products? Lol 

On 5/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, noupf said:

Graphics are a little more durable, but still wear off quickly. I wish they would just use black nylon/plastic for the base and minimal print for the graphics. Like all brands did in the past. 

I tried on the FT6 Pro Elbows this weekend at Pure Hockey, I thought they felt great. Light, and locked my elbow in nicely and didn't shift around. Tried on a competitors brand high end elbow and much preferred the overall feel of the FT6 Pro. No binding, odd strap pressure or anything when bending and flexing the elbow in the FT6 Pro. Even just the regular FT6 felt great to me. I didnt get a chance to see if they had the shins, but I would love to try them on next time. I play D and use some old Bauer S150's, they've been good, no real complaints. Wondering if the JetSpeed line overall would be more streamlined compared my S150's?

Edited by beedee

On 4/30/2023 at 7:16 PM, TryHard#97 said:

How about you Einsteins start a thread on how to do a google search of D30? Then this thread could be used for FT6 Pro gear

All of that scrolling wearing you out? Hockey training.com can help you build your stamina. Meanwhile...turn that frown upside down little guy...you'll find your binky. No need to be grumpy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the new video. I think they *look* like they have much more ventilation compared to the previous gen. The FT4 pros ran really hot for me so I went back to CL shoulder pads. Sounds like the FT6 pro isn’t really any better so that saves me money!

Wouldn’t the bend in the padding help contour to your body? That was my initial reaction. But I do agree with you that if all that’s creating a gap is how stuff is sewn, the aer-tec ‘system’ will inevitably stretch out and lose whatever benefits they may have offered. 

Edited by Westside
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Westside said:

Thanks for the new video. I think they *look* like they have much more ventilation compared to the previous gen. The FT4 pros ran really hot for me so I went back to CL shoulder pads. Sounds like the FT6 pro isn’t really any better so that saves me money!

Wouldn’t the bend in the padding help contour to your body? That was my initial reaction. But I do agree with you that if all that’s creating a gap is how stuff is sewn, the aer-tec ‘system’ will inevitably stretch out and lose whatever benefits they may have offered. 

Ventilation is better than the FT4 Pro, but would not claim it's significant. If anything, I feel the FT6 Pro is a mix of the Crazy Light + FT4 Pro shoulder pads. 

The bend didn't in the lower abdomen didn't bother me when playing, and was more of an aesthetic annoyance. However, every time I would hang my gear after skating, I would notice it and it would make my eye twitch 😉