Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

FT6 Pro gear drop!

On 4/16/2023 at 12:21 PM, VegasHockey said:

Some observations from a store owner who dealt with sales, warranties and customer returns:

The FT4 Pro stick was significantly less durable than the FT5 Pro stick. However, both were more durable than the FT3 Pro. FWIW, I think the FT3 Pro stick was the best Jetspeed released and this is why a lot of NHL players still use it. Despite the stick having a very short lifespan, it had incredible pop. 

The Trigger 5 Pro was widely adopted at all levels, but the primary issue was durability. The Trigger 6 Pro was not adopted as well due to the significant weight increase and change in balance. The weight didn't change in the Trigger 7 Pro, but the balance point did, and the stick was refined further. FWIW, I think the Trigger 5 Pro is better than the Trigger 6 Pro and Trigger 7 Pro.

Fun Fact:

2020/2021 was the release of the FT3 Pro and Trigger 5 Pro. CCM was chasing weight savings for these release years, and did srop the weight of those models significantly, which is why both of those sticks had the weight listed on the back of the stick. Since CCM made changes to the later design of both stick models, which also added weight, they started to remove the weight listing off their sticks.

Not to hash this from a month ago but just want to reiterate the reason those sticks (T5P & FT3P) we're very brittle and not durable - due to covid their manufacturers became a total shitshow, and they were not allowed to have any QC over their process. The manufacturing plant was allowing carbon to stay extended periods of times in a non-controlled environment, this caused them to have issues in the process. Finally they were able to go there and remedy the issue, which is why you've seen durability come back to what it should be. 

T8P & FT6P have further refined balance points making them feel much lighter than the current generation. The FT6P is going to be an amazing selling stick this year.

I'm working at my LHS this summer, so I'm going to try the 6P, but as far as Jetspeeds go...I LOVE the 3P.  I'm usually a Tacks guy or LX Pro, but I do use the 3P semi-often.  I may be lucky, but I've had zero durability issues...and I'm not easy on my game sticks. 

2 hours ago, raganblink said:

Not to hash this from a month ago but just want to reiterate the reason those sticks (T5P & FT3P) we're very brittle and not durable - due to covid their manufacturers became a total shitshow, and they were not allowed to have any QC over their process. The manufacturing plant was allowing carbon to stay extended periods of times in a non-controlled environment, this caused them to have issues in the process. Finally they were able to go there and remedy the issue, which is why you've seen durability come back to what it should be. 

T8P & FT6P have further refined balance points making them feel much lighter than the current generation. The FT6P is going to be an amazing selling stick this year.

The ft6 pro measures 364 grams uncut on a scale. So it doesn’t just feel lighter 

Edited by Beerleaguebumhockey
  • Like 1

Not that I’m in the need for new skates, and historically the Jetspeed line has not fit my feet well, but I’ll admit the features of this new model look very compelling. Really want to check out the tongue and possibly mod it for True skates. And as much as I dislike the new logo, these look way better than the horrendous FT4s in every aspect. Only wish they would have gone *down* in flex, not up. ASVs are already too stiff and now the FT6 is the same stiffness?! 

On 5/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, Beerleaguebumhockey said:

The ft6 pro measures 364 grams uncut on a scale. So it doesn’t just feel lighter 

The weight and balance point have been changed. I think what he meant was it will feel even lighter than it measures on the scale. 

Been testing the JSFT6P for a bit now and am very impressed as it feels similar to the JSFT3P. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Westside said:

Not that I’m in the need for new skates, and historically the Jetspeed line has not fit my feet well, but I’ll admit the features of this new model look very compelling. Really want to check out the tongue and possibly mod it for True skates. And as much as I dislike the new logo, these look way better than the horrendous FT4s in every aspect. Only wish they would have gone *down* in flex, not up. ASVs are already too stiff and now the FT6 is the same stiffness?! 

I believe the stiffness is unchanged at 195.

5 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

The weight and balance point have been changed. I think what he meant was it will feel even lighter than it measures on the scale. 

Been testing the JSFT6P for a bit now and am very impressed as it feels similar to the JSFT3P. 

Seems they have pretty much abandoned the "less is more" concept on these skates that some folks were attracted to.

2 hours ago, 555 said:

I believe the stiffness is unchanged at 195.

At 4.15 of the video he specifically states the FT4 is 195, the FT6 is 215 🤷🏻‍♂️

That dude. I swear. I'm sure he meant well at some point but he is an absolute shill through and through. 

The tongue is the coolest part of the tech. I remain quite happy with the custom ASV that I have. Had the thought I might regret jumping early instead of waiting for a new release, but these two skates are quite overlapped in what they are compared to the previous gens.

2 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

NA is 195, Europe is 215.

2023-05-15-08-22-51.png

hhmm. seems like a typo....given that the ft6 is the same for both?

[VINCENT]
I know, baby, you'd dig it the most...But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
[JULES]
What?
[VINCENT]
Its the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there they got here, but, it's just, just, there it's a little different.

[JULES]
Example?
[Vincent]
Their FT6 Pros are 20 points stiffer. 

• Like 2

Looking at the FT6 Pro and ASV-Pro skate I'm not seeing any major structural changes between the 2 boots.  Not knocking CCM but this new JetSpeed looks like just a little less stiff Tacks.  

3 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Looking at the FT6 Pro and ASV-Pro skate I'm not seeing any major structural changes between the 2 boots.  Not knocking CCM but this new JetSpeed looks like just a little less stiff Tacks.  

The liner and tongue are completely diff. But from esthetics stand point I'd get the ft6 based on the fact I think the asv are horrendous looking. They had a good thin going with tht as3 and made the asv looks ridiculous. Looks like robot skates. And don't get me started on the camo

Very weird how they would have different stiffness for NA (195) and EU (215).

Given that the Tacks already has a stiffness of 215, it doesn't seem to make much sense to have the same stiffness on the Jetspeed line for EU.

Really curious as to their reasoning.    

1 hour ago, CaptainCharisma said:

Very weird how they would have different stiffness for NA (195) and EU (215).

Given that the Tacks already has a stiffness of 215, it doesn't seem to make much sense to have the same stiffness on the Jetspeed line for EU.

Really curious as to their reasoning.    

Wonder if the units of measure are different ( metric measurement vs american imperial ).  If metric, it would give a larger number and may explain the 215.  Just a thought

Edited by noupf

5 minutes ago, noupf said:

Wonder if the units of measure are different ( metric measurement vs american imperial ).  If metric, it would give a larger number and may explain the 215.  Just a thought

It doesn't appear so as the other skates in both Jetspeed and Tacks lineup matchup in stiffness between EU and NA.  The FT6 Pro is the only oddity.    

3 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

It doesn't appear so as the other skates in both Jetspeed and Tacks lineup matchup in stiffness between EU and NA.  The FT6 Pro is the only oddity.    

lol so much for my hypothesis, maybe just a typo, who knows i guess.

Edited by noupf

1 hour ago, noupf said:

lol so much for my hypothesis, maybe just a typo, who knows i guess.

HT said they confirmed the stiffness with CCM. Europe has a different stiffness level than NA. Not sure why....

On 5/16/2023 at 4:09 PM, beedee said:

Interesting how there is no copy about the newly implemented facing on the JetSpeed skates in the catalog.

What's funny is when I first saw the FT6P all the rep talked about was the addition of the facing allowing more forward flex and wrap on the foot. He was super excited about it. 

Some feedback:

The addition of the eyelet facings provide a nice amount of forward flex and foot wrap. I don't know how they measure the stiffness index specifically, but the skate feel the same as the FT4P and does not feel as stiff as the AS5P. This leads me to believe the stiffness index is actually 195 and not 215. The new modifications to the boot make it feel like V2 of the 100K if you were testing it blindfolded.

Small additions, like the asymmetrical neck of the boot and revised foams, are enjoyable.

The new boot last is interesting. In current retail models, I have always fit a regular boot, but it was a tight fit. In the FT6P I had to go with a tapered fit as the boot is very much cut like a V. The regular and wide boot feels huge on my feet with too much depth and width. This might be helpful for those with wider or more voluminous feet. 

Also, the added weight is noticeable if you are coming from a FT1/FT2/FT4P. I assume the changes to the revised shell and padding are responsible for the increased weight. It was immediately noticeable when I first got on the ice, but after a few skates I was able to adjust. 

Disclaimer: I have the pre-release model, so it is very possible that changes could have been made in the retail production model. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

What's funny is when I first saw the FT6P all the rep talked about was the addition of the facing allowing more forward flex and wrap on the foot. He was super excited about it. 

Some feedback:

The addition of the eyelet facings provide a nice amount of forward flex and foot wrap. I don't know how they measure the stiffness index specifically, but the skate feel the same as the FT4P and does not feel as stiff as the AS5P. This leads me to believe the stiffness index is actually 195 and not 215. The new modifications to the boot make it feel like V2 of the 100K if you were testing it blindfolded.

Small additions, like the asymmetrical neck of the boot and revised foams, are enjoyable.

The new boot last is interesting. In current retail models, I have always fit a regular boot, but it was a tight fit. In the FT6P I had to go with a tapered fit as the boot is very much cut like a V. The regular and wide boot feels huge on my feet with too much depth and width. This might be helpful for those with wider or more voluminous feet. 

Also, the added weight is noticeable if you are coming from a FT1/FT2/FT4P. I assume the changes to the revised shell and padding are responsible for the increased weight. It was immediately noticeable when I first got on the ice, but after a few skates I was able to adjust. 

Disclaimer: I have the pre-release model, so it is very possible that changes could have been made in the retail production model. 

Too bad on the weight. I guess these will be about 100 grams heavier than the Hyperlites?