Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

FT6 Pro gear drop!

8 hours ago, notverygood said:

Is the last the same as the ASV Pro?

That last is noticeably more voluminous than the previous generation of skates (AS3, FT4, 100K). 

Very similar, but I think they added even more volume in the FT6P. I have never worn a tapered skate, yet my FT6P are tapered... 

7 hours ago, 555 said:

Too bad on the weight. I guess these will be about 100 grams heavier than the Hyperlites?

The 2023 HYPERLITE2 skate is a little heavier than the 2021 HYPERLITE model. I would say the FT6P is about 90-100 grams heavier than the 2023 HYPERLITE2. 

On 5/9/2023 at 10:26 PM, VegasHockey said:

FT6 Pro Shoulder Pad review:

Sorry for the delay. Been super busy.  

This is already a super lite and breathable shoulder pad. Better off getting the FT4 Pro if you can find it. I don't see the addition of some mesh as a reason to pay full price, but i realize that won't stop some people. 

With that in mind, I'm kinda jealous I already have the FT4 lineup and not these. 

On 5/15/2023 at 8:46 PM, mojo122 said:

Looking at the FT6 Pro and ASV-Pro skate I'm not seeing any major structural changes between the 2 boots.  Not knocking CCM but this new JetSpeed looks like just a little less stiff Tacks.  

And you would be correct! Additionally, they're both now identical to the Ribcor line. Looks like they've moved away from putting eyelets directly into carbon fiber, thus joining literally every other skate maker. They also appear to have taken a page out of the Hyperlite tongue book. Seemless liner, flex tongue, etc..., all were on the Ribcor's. 

None of this is surprising, as I personally felt the Ribcor to be their best skate. Now you can get it in 3 different flexes and 3 different volumes, which is great for their bottom line. 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:51 AM, VegasHockey said:

The new modifications to the boot make it feel like V2 of the 100K if you were testing it blindfolded.

Ah. Yes, this confirms it lol. 

Edited by pgeorgan

39 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

This is already a super lite and breathable shoulder pad. Better off getting the FT4 Pro if you can find it. I don't see the addition of some mesh as a reason to pay full price, but i realize that won't stop some people. 

With that in mind, I'm kinda jealous I already have the FT4 lineup and not these. 

The FT4 pro shoulders are a fantastic piece of gear. They're exactly what a modern hockey shoulder pad should be.

My big disappointment with the FT4 line were the elbows. I pre-ordered a pair and when they arrived the overall fit was good they were just way too short. I might give the FT6's a try. 

Are the gloves sized the same as the ft1 and ft4? I know other brands have been trending into fitting on the larger side, ie I got a 14" in the ft1 but with Bauer and warrior I fit a 13" now. Online has the most selection so I won't really have the luxury of trying in store

Edited by Sniper9

54 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Are the gloves sized the same as the ft1 and ft4? I know other brands have been trending into fitting on the larger side, ie I got a 14" in the ft1 but with Bauer and warrior I fit a 13" now. Online has the most selection so I won't really have the luxury of trying in store

same experience. hopefully i'll get to try some on this week. I tried on a 14 in FT4 and it was perfect - 13 way too small.  yet I wear a 13 in warrior alpha lx20

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldCY said:

same experience. hopefully i'll get to try some on this week. I tried on a 14 in FT4 and it was perfect - 13 way too small.  yet I wear a 13 in warrior alpha lx20

Looking forward to hearing your experience! This is pretty much me with the new warrior alpha lx pro gloves.  The alpha would be my go to but there's an area in the pinky that rubs for me 😔. Otherwise love the overall fit and feel of the glove. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

I wish CCM would do what Bauer does with gear education. I am going through modules on BauerUniversity.com to prep for my summer job at my LHS.  It does have marketing hype, but some of it is very informative. Example...it has videos that show and explain the flex profiles of the skate families in detail.  Supreme has a stiff lower boot with a relatively flexible upper while Vapor is opposite. It shows the flex under force and explains the effects on the stride (choice will still vary for individuals but...).  I found that very helpful, and I'd love to have the CCM version.  

55 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I wish CCM would do what Bauer does with gear education. I am going through modules on BauerUniversity.com to prep for my summer job at my LHS.  It does have marketing hype, but some of it is very informative. Example...it has videos that show and explain the flex profiles of the skate families in detail.  Supreme has a stiff lower boot with a relatively flexible upper while Vapor is opposite. It shows the flex under force and explains the effects on the stride (choice will still vary for individuals but...).  I found that very helpful, and I'd love to have the CCM version.  

They have ENDVR which is not as good, but at least its something. Supposedly they are going to build an online education platform like Bauer U. 

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

14" in FT1, FT4P, and now FT6P. No changes in fit for me. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

14" in FT1, FT4P, and now FT6P. No changes in fit for me. 

What sizes do you wear for warrior and Bauer ?

35 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

What sizes do you wear for warrior and Bauer ?

Good question. In the retail models ->

14" Bauer Vapor

13" Bauer Ultrasonic

13" Warrior QR

13" Warrior LX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Looking forward to hearing your experience! This is pretty much me with the new warrior alpha lx pro gloves.  The alpha would be my go to but there's an area in the pinky that rubs for me 😔. Otherwise love the overall fit and feel of the glove. 

i really like my LX20. probably my favorite glove I've owned.  a mix between a vapor/supreme. IMO...

21 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

Good question. In the retail models ->

14" Bauer Vapor

13" Bauer Ultrasonic

13" Warrior QR

13" Warrior LX

the new line of vapor I am down to a 13 like the warrior...odd

Had a chance to check out FT6 Pro protective gear at the LHS this weekend. Pants and elbows were a big 'meh' from me. While I'm going to hold onto my Bauer 1X shins until they crumble, one thing I did find interesting about the FT6 Pro shin guards wasn't the aer-tec mesh panels, but rather the plastic insert that runs the length of the shin to further separate your leg from the outside of the pad. Gotta imagine this will also help in some shock absorption which is pretty cool. The shoulders were the piece that impressed me most due to the amount of holes cut in the foam for breathability. When my CL's bite the dust, I think this is what I'll be upgrading to. I disliked the FT4 Pro shoulder pads as they ran really hot for me, but the newest generation looks like a massive improvement. 

IMG_2425.JPG

Edited by Westside
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 6:31 AM, stick9 said:

The FT4 pro shoulders are a fantastic piece of gear. They're exactly what a modern hockey shoulder pad should be.

My big disappointment with the FT4 line were the elbows. I pre-ordered a pair and when they arrived the overall fit was good they were just way too short. I might give the FT6's a try. 

I love my FT4 pro shoulders, but the only thing that bugs me with them is that stupid flap piece at the back of the neck.  Always catches my jersey when I put it on. 

20 hours ago, Westside said:

Had a chance to check out FT6 Pro protective gear at the LHS this weekend. Pants and elbows were a big 'meh' from me. While I'm going to hold onto my Bauer 1X shins until they crumble, one thing I did find interesting about the FT6 Pro shin guards wasn't the aer-tec mesh panels, but rather the plastic insert that runs the length of the shin to further separate your leg from the outside of the pad. Gotta imagine this will also help in some shock absorption which is pretty cool. The shoulders were the piece that impressed me most due to the amount of holes cut in the foam for breathability. When my CL's bite the dust, I think this is what I'll be upgrading to. I disliked the FT4 Pro shoulder pads as they ran really hot for me, but the newest generation looks like a massive improvement. 

IMG_2425.JPG

It does not help with shock absorption. At least at the bottom thin parts. They are bad for that unfortunately.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:51 PM, VegasHockey said:

What's funny is when I first saw the FT6P all the rep talked about was the addition of the facing allowing more forward flex and wrap on the foot. He was super excited about it. 

Some feedback:

The addition of the eyelet facings provide a nice amount of forward flex and foot wrap. I don't know how they measure the stiffness index specifically, but the skate feel the same as the FT4P and does not feel as stiff as the AS5P. This leads me to believe the stiffness index is actually 195 and not 215. The new modifications to the boot make it feel like V2 of the 100K if you were testing it blindfolded.

Small additions, like the asymmetrical neck of the boot and revised foams, are enjoyable.

The new boot last is interesting. In current retail models, I have always fit a regular boot, but it was a tight fit. In the FT6P I had to go with a tapered fit as the boot is very much cut like a V. The regular and wide boot feels huge on my feet with too much depth and width. This might be helpful for those with wider or more voluminous feet. 

Also, the added weight is noticeable if you are coming from a FT1/FT2/FT4P. I assume the changes to the revised shell and padding are responsible for the increased weight. It was immediately noticeable when I first got on the ice, but after a few skates I was able to adjust. 

Disclaimer: I have the pre-release model, so it is very possible that changes could have been made in the retail production model. 

How does the facing allow more forward flex and wrap?

Was able to try the gloves the other day. I like how snug they are. But it seems like I'm in between sizes. 14" was a touch on the long side. Honestly they're probably the same as my ft1s. They always feel great new but once the foams pack in the 14s do seem a bit too big. As for the 13, they weren't as short as the ft1 13s. But it was right at the cusp. The one thing I did notice which makes me stray away from the 13 is the cuff is noticeably smaller and also I'm worried it's too short and won't cover my forearm well. 

It's a shame. I'll prob stick to looking for pro stock 13s since those generally fit perfect as they run closer to 13.5. 

On 5/24/2023 at 5:10 PM, Sniper9 said:

Was able to try the gloves the other day. I like how snug they are. But it seems like I'm in between sizes. 14" was a touch on the long side. Honestly they're probably the same as my ft1s. They always feel great new but once the foams pack in the 14s do seem a bit too big. As for the 13, they weren't as short as the ft1 13s. But it was right at the cusp. The one thing I did notice which makes me stray away from the 13 is the cuff is noticeably smaller and also I'm worried it's too short and won't cover my forearm well. 

It's a shame. I'll prob stick to looking for pro stock 13s since those generally fit perfect as they run closer to 13.5. 

Good to know. I wasn’t able to go this week, possibly next week. Almost doesn’t matter I snagged a deal (🤞) on some 13” FT1 gloves , supposedly arriving tomorrow, God and USPS swilling. 

45 minutes ago, Westside said:

Wow, I gotta admit, the 'blacked out' version of the FT6 Pro looks real good

IMG_2704.jpeg

Blacked out anything looks way better lol. I personally don't mind the red in the ft6 pro. Looks better than the ft4 pro. Nowadays, since most skate graphics are screened on, it's also very easy to cover with some vinyl.