Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
marka

Favorite Coaching pants

Howdy,

Favorite coaching pants?

I like the Bauer ones, except I don't like the $70 price.  What else are people using?

I'd prefer something with a little insulation and a little water/snow repellent.

Mark

I would say this.  I get cold really easily and insulation in coaching pants isn't something I worry about.  Even if there is a practice I am not doing a lot of demoing I stay plenty warm even in the thinnest pants.  On skill days when the coaches are the lemmings that have to shoot on the goalies while the goalie coach works with them, I am too hot no matter what.  Waterproof isn't something I have ever thought about needing.

My CCM pants (older version) are the thinnest though and my Bauer are the heaviest, if that helps.

IF I needed more warmth like if for some reason we practiced outdoors, I would just add an insulating layer underneath.

Howdy,

I don't want a super thin shell pant, basically.

The water/snow repellant is just a way to try and describe the fabric I'm after... Not cotton / whatever.  More like canvas?  I dunno.  I'm not much on clothes.

Like I said, I like the Bauer ones fine, I just figured there must be options out there that don't say Bauer and CCM and therefore don't cost $70/pair.

Mark

The hockey ones are nylon/poly whatever.  If you are looking for something cheap, try Epic Sports, they have all kind of discount and off brand stuff.  I get our Champro skating socks there for a couple bucks each.