Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
MrTrololo

what are stiff skates (apx) with highest instep on the market?

Dear Modsquadhockey community,
I am unfamiliar with the proper way to ask a question here, and please excuse me if I did it wrong.
I am looking for a replacement for my bauer apx skates.
In apx, I like the stiffness and the responsiveness (due to the minimal padding), although apx is very low on instep volume (my arch is bulging out of the laced skate).
I did order the 2x pro and thinking about trying CCM super tacks.
Could anyone suggest me other options to check?
Kind regards

Bauer's move to the 3 fit system since you bought your skates.  You can get a higher volume Vapor, but it will also be wider (similar fit to the old Nexus skates).  CCM has also moved to a similar approach, but it seems like there might be more variance model to model for CCM than there is for Bauer, based on some of the comments in here.

I'd also add the True Catalyst to your list.  My son just got a pair (has usually been a Vapor/Ribcor fit) and he really likes them so far.  Might also consider the True TF series.  I have high insteps and these are the first skates I've had zero lace bite in.  The TF series seems to run longer and wider than the Catalyst series.