Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
noupf

CCM T Shaft to R Shaft.....

Looking to grab a new stick or two and cant find exactly the build I want in pro stocks.  Found one that has an R shaft, where i've played with CCM's T shafts for many many years now.  The shafts on an R are slightly taller, slightly narrower and has slightly concave sides.  Do any stick experts have any insight on the R shafts by CCM?  I know sticks are all preference based, but curious what others think.  6'4" tall guy here, with average sized hands ( using 14" gloves ).

zaidwdX.png

Edited by noupf

11 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

I am a big fan of the R and E shape. The concave gives you a little more "lock" when shooting when compared to the T shape. 

interesting take.  Never would have thought of that and can see how the geometry would allow that to happen.  Thank you

Also, does the geometry extend to the top of the shaft?  I though i saw somewhere that the top hand area begins to loose the geometry.  I use the thinnest style tacki mac grips, so I'm not sure if I'd even be able to tell anyhow, just curious. 

5 hours ago, noupf said:

Also, does the geometry extend to the top of the shaft?  I though i saw somewhere that the top hand area begins to loose the geometry.  I use the thinnest style tacki mac grips, so I'm not sure if I'd even be able to tell anyhow, just curious. 

It depends on the build you select. Jetspeed vs Tacks vs RIbcor. 

• Like 1

I prefer the T shaft. The C and E feel like I’m playing with a toothpick. R is ok but not ideal so long as the rest of the stick is in the specs I normally use. 

There’s no right answer here really just a matter of preference. My favorite shaft shape of all time was the double concave on the CNT Stealth and TPS XN10. 

Edited by Cavs019

The slightly taller shaft dimension is very slightly noticeable if you know it's there, but that's pretty much offset by the more rounded corners. Even then, the degree to which the corners are more radiused is very small. The minimally concave sidewalls are more notable, although not near as extreme as the K.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

The slightly taller shaft dimension is very slightly noticeable if you know it's there, but that's pretty much offset by the more rounded corners. Even then, the degree to which the corners are more radiused is very small. The minimally concave sidewalls are more notable, although not near as extreme as the K.

Yea i ended up grabbing a couple of the pro stock R shaft sticks that i found after creating this post.  I've played with one for a month or so now and it feels fine to me.  Absolutely nothing stands out in terms of geometry difference that makes me dislike it.  Glad I grabbed them, especially at the price i paid.

8 minutes ago, noupf said:

Yea i ended up grabbing a couple of the pro stock R shaft sticks that i found after creating this post.  I've played with one for a month or so now and it feels fine to me.  Absolutely nothing stands out in terms of geometry difference that makes me dislike it.  Glad I grabbed them, especially at the price i paid.

I'm the same way, I can tell the R has the rounded corners when I compare side by side bare handed but aside from that, once I'm playing and have gloves on I don't notice much of a difference, def not as drastic as T or R to an E like the Ribcors have.