Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Looking at these to go over my Bauer Nexus N8000S, which is like a classic fit and a medium. which one would be better. Going for a maple leafs look.

the one one the bottom looks a little funny for color, i would play it safe ad get the one on the top. but they are different.

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/pants-girdles-shells/pant-shells/6116077-ccm-toronto-maple-leafs-nhl-pro-stock-hockey-player-girdle-pant-shell-large-9k

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/pants-girdles-shells/pant-shells/6255148-ccm-new-toronto-maple-leafs-blue-pp10-pant-shell-pro-stock

Edited by Leafsfan2003

Colors can always look different depending on camera, lighting, white balance, etc. 

That said, I typically prefer girdle shells with girdles, pant shells with pants. If what you have are pants, you'll likely want the PP10s, but everyone has different preferences 

4 hours ago, Westside said:

Colors can always look different depending on camera, lighting, white balance, etc. 

That said, I typically prefer girdle shells with girdles, pant shells with pants. If what you have are pants, you'll likely want the PP10s, but everyone has different preferences 

k, i bought the girdle shell, i'll try it over my pants, but i'll probably buy a girdle 

Howdy,

For me, I would want a pant shell for sure if I were going over pants vs. a Girdle.  I wear a girdle and really like the Warrior girdle shells, in part because they've got a little heft / padding to them.  I feel like if I had actual pants, I wouldn't want that and would want just the super thin fabric shell.

My recollection though is that the CCM girdle shell I had didn't have quite the same heft/padding as the Warrior girdle shell though, so maybe you'll be good (or maybe you won't care about it like I do).

Mark

4 hours ago, marka said:

My recollection though is that the CCM girdle shell I had didn't have quite the same heft/padding as the Warrior girdle shell though, so maybe you'll be good (or maybe you won't care about it like I do).

The PP90/9K the OP posted has additional kidney and rear thigh protection (more than warrior girdle shells). I know what you mean about the fabric of Warrior vs CCM. IMO the CCM girdle shells are pretty much the same material as the pants

• Like 1

Random question about shells. I wore short CooperAlls from the time they came out through junior year of college, when coach made me wear regular pants. I recently got back into the game and grabbed a pair of pro stock CCM HP45s to start. Got them cheap. 🙂 I finally broke down and bought a girdle. Went with the Tackla 4500 because it reminded me of my old CooperAlls. 

Sorry for the long preamble. Here's my dilemma. I am 5'9" and wear an XL girdle (combination of being 205 lbs and the Tackla girdle running small). I picked up a pair of size L Adidas shells and they come down to my knees. Any advise/experience of what shell brands are best for someone of my relatively modest height? The ones I am seeing online all look long.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, MacDaddy26 said:

Random question about shells. I wore short CooperAlls from the time they came out through junior year of college, when coach made me wear regular pants. I recently got back into the game and grabbed a pair of pro stock CCM HP45s to start. Got them cheap. 🙂 I finally broke down and bought a girdle. Went with the Tackla 4500 because it reminded me of my old CooperAlls. 

Sorry for the long preamble. Here's my dilemma. I am 5'9" and wear an XL girdle (combination of being 205 lbs and the Tackla girdle running small). I picked up a pair of size L Adidas shells and they come down to my knees. Any advise/experience of what shell brands are best for someone of my relatively modest height? The ones I am seeing online all look long.

Thanks!

Warrior girdle shells run a little shorter, if you want pro stick there's a seller on SLS with a bunch of the "new" pro stock Warrior girdle shells which run much smaller than they used to, so if you were to get a L in that it would prob fit more like a medium length wise.  With CCM shells (PP90/PP9K) I've found little consistency in sizing, I have about 7 or 8, all medium, and maybe 2 are the same, the rest are shorter/longer/wider/etc., it's a crapshoot.  The Tackla girdle has nice kidney pads so you'd even be fine with a pant shell rather than a girdle shell, the pant shells are usually just a little more roomy/boxy so if you sized down in that it might work out well length wise and have enough room.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Leafsfan2003 said:

update, I bought the large Girdle shell, and a medium CCM Jetspeed girdle, the CCM fits over my medium pants ok with some overhang, hopefully there isnt much overhang with the girdle

A large shell on a med. girdle will definitely have overhang.  Pants are generally a bit bulkier as opposed to girdles (which fit closer to the body) so the same shell will be looser on a girdle as opposed to pants.

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

A large shell on a med. girdle will definitely have overhang.  Pants are generally a bit bulkier as opposed to girdles (which fit closer to the body) so the same shell will be looser on a girdle as opposed to pants.

Thought so, I'll try it any way, it should be fine. hopefully lol

so in terms of my current pants, it hangs about an inch or 2 above my knee cap, with the girdle shell over my pant, it lies just above the center of my knee cap with shin guards, so length should be ok, interms of how baggy they are, we'll see when i get my girdle.

Edited by Leafsfan2003

You're like a month too late lol, I had a PP9k FS for a while that I practically gave away finally.  If you're not opposed to a Warrior shell, PSH has a bunch.  Most of the ones I have fit slightly wider than CCM but the latest one I got from a different seller (Londsonsports on SLS) was a little smaller/narrower, so it's a crapshoot.  They are girdle shells but they don't have the plastic kidney guards like the PP90/PP9K, honestly with modern girdles (of the last 20 years) I don't know how much those added guards do anyways.

https://www.prostockhockey.com/player-protective/shells/size-m-warrior-covert-qre-girdle-shell-team-stock-toronto-maple-leafs/

I have a Jetspeed Girdle in Medium, I also have a Medium Bauer Pro Stock Nylander Shell. I like the way it fits. (Nylander Actually wears a Large Girdle with Medium Girdle Shell) 

Anyway, The question is this, anyone with a similar girdle have any experience wearing the CCM PP10'S or PP15 pant shells? I'm looking into getting some pant shells (not girdle shells) to expand my options for what i can wear. Should I size down? Just to account for it being a pant shell. 

I know there are similar questions already on the forum, but my question is specific to the fit of the above mentioned equipment :)  

Edited by Leafsfan2003

I wear a medium Super Tacks girdle, but don’t think I’ve been able to drop down in any shell. PP10, PP90, PPTK are all mediums. Warrior QRE I actually have to size UP to large for them to fit properly.

PP10s I really keep for pants moreso than girdles because they fit baggier/boxier. My preferred shells are PPTK and QRE because they’re more streamlined, have zippers on the thighs so it’s easier to get them on/off, and have a better belt system to keep them secure. 

Why don’t you want to buy girdle shells?

Edited by Westside

12 hours ago, Westside said:

I wear a medium Super Tacks girdle, but don’t think I’ve been able to drop down in any shell. PP10, PP90, PPTK are all mediums. Warrior QRE I actually have to size UP to large for them to fit properly.

PP10s I really keep for pants moreso than girdles because they fit baggier/boxier. My preferred shells are PPTK and QRE because they’re more streamlined, have zippers on the thighs so it’s easier to get them on/off, and have a better belt system to keep them secure. 

Why don’t you want to buy girdle shells?

I do want girdle shells, but sometimes there are better options with a pant shell