Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Gally1111

Skate Profile for 10 year old -Tydan Powercut or Max 981

Hey guys,

My ten year old has been skating on a 9/10 and I am looking to maybe put him in an advanced profile. I'm really stuck between the tydan powercut,  max edge 981 or any prosharp multiple radius. Hes still a very North- South skater with a good stride that tends to get choppy as the profile wears down.....any insight would be appreciated!

Just like any solution, what problem are you trying to solve?  "Advanced profile" doesn't mean anything.  Just because a profile has combo radius doesn't mean it's better.  As far as I know, and I think @Vet88 or @oldtrainerguy28 may have been part of a study that pointed to 9/10 as the only profile that had any data to indicate it had positive influence on performance.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:15 PM, Gally1111 said:

Hey guys,

My ten year old has been skating on a 9/10 and I am looking to maybe put him in an advanced profile. I'm really stuck between the tydan powercut,  max edge 981 or any prosharp multiple radius. Hes still a very North- South skater with a good stride that tends to get choppy as the profile wears down.....any insight would be appreciated!

OP - what do you mean by the phrase I bolded?  Why is the profile being worn down?  Or do you mean the sharpening / ROH?  If you mean the profile - how often are you sharpening?  And how?  You shouldn't be seeing that much of a change on a profile.

My son when he was a bit younger than yours was on a 15 or 16 ft single, he was falling a lot and having balance issues.  To the other response questions - what are you trying to solve for?  

You lose the profile throughout the season after sharpening so often and I can tell when his is wearing down. I'm just looking to see if these profiles are more suited to him then what he has.....off-season seems to be the time to try new things.

1 minute ago, Gally1111 said:

You lose the profile throughout the season after sharpening so often and I can tell when his is wearing down. I'm just looking to see if these profiles are more suited to him then what he has.....off-season seems to be the time to try new things.

So the question remains - what are you trying to solve for?  His skating not getting choppy as the season progresses?  Better balance?  Better agility?  Something he is struggling with?