Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

CCM Replaceable Tongue Does Not Stay in Place

One of my son's FT4 Tongues is continually coming out of place where it attaches to the boot. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fix ideas to keep it in place? Crazy Glue?

I dont necessarily have a "fix", but I did notice that the hole that is used to push over the pin seems to be slightly oval shaped.  I did a double take on my 100k Pro's and it definitely was.  To me, if you try to use your fingers or a pair of plyers, you may be able to squish the oval tighter.  I feel like if you try to make the hole more round, it will actually have less of an ability to hold in place.  

Are you sure the clip is snapping over the posts 100%  It's a tough squeeze, I had to use a flat head to push it down hard enough, but once it snapped on it was super tight and is a PITA to get back off (I know b/c I had to remove them twice to get rivets tightened).  I know the first time I installed mine I thought they were on all th wway but I still had a little ways to go.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:54 AM, 555 said:

One of my son's FT4 Tongues is continually coming out of place where it attaches to the boot. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fix ideas to keep it in place? Crazy Glue?

Do you mean the posts aren't staying clipped in? Kinda like this?

IMG-0317.jpg

7 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

Do you mean the posts aren't staying clipped in? Kinda like this?

IMG-0317.jpg

Yes correct. So far the Gorilla Glue seems to be working.

One of the skates has never had any issues, the other one was coming out continuously.

23 hours ago, 555 said:

Yes correct. So far the Gorilla Glue seems to be working.

One of the skates has never had any issues, the other one was coming out continuously.

Usually when that happens, the hole where the tab goes through is a little too small, and it puts pressure on the locking side of the tab.

I would use a small file and just open that one hole up a little, and you should not have any more issues. 

I modded a pair of S180's so that the toe cap would take the clipping system. Make sure the mounting surface at the top is as flat as possible. The top clip doesnt like to bend. I took a chisel to shave away the excess, just a bit at a time.

or if the toe cap happen to be a tad thicker, it would tend to pop out too.

• Like 1