Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
OldCY

Coloring glove accents

What is the best way to do this that doesn’t make it look cheap or that a toddler did it. Looking to make the white accents black. Not so much the fabric material but the PU. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, OldCY said:

What is the best way to do this that doesn’t make it look cheap or that a toddler did it. Looking to make the white accents black. Not so much the fabric material but the PU. Thanks. 

I've had good luck with this on a pair of VH skates that had Vegas Gold accents. Just do a good job masking off what you want black, overspray won't come off. 

20230508_085843.jpg

Maybe a paint marker?  Should be more durable than something like a Sharpie, but I've gotta say, any time I've seen gloves that people have blacked out branding/accents you can always tell.  Depending on where the accents are/size/shape, maybe just covering an area with pad-skinz in black might look better?

16 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Maybe a paint marker?  Should be more durable than something like a Sharpie, but I've gotta say, any time I've seen gloves that people have blacked out branding/accents you can always tell.  Depending on where the accents are/size/shape, maybe just covering an area with pad-skinz in black might look better?

Same. All I can think about is… 

fgj89t7uqk9a1.jpg

• Haha 1

Yes I don’t want it to look like that especially him even less. I think I’ll just settle for the accents if he is the side effect. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OldCY said:

Yes I don’t want it to look like that especially him even less. I think I’ll just settle for the accents if he is the side effect. 

I mean he's setting that bar pretty low, I'm pretty sure my 10 year old could manage to make a pair of gloves look better than that lol

18 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I mean he's setting that bar pretty low, I'm pretty sure my 10 year old could manage to make a pair of gloves look better than that lol

I think that’s the best part. Elite-elite level NHL player with huge holes in his palms and colors in his gloves with paint markers he bought at Michaels. He clearly doesn’t care about aesthetics. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, start_today said:

I think that’s the best part. Elite-elite level NHL player with huge holes in his palms and colors in his gloves with paint markers he bought at Michaels. He clearly doesn’t care about aesthetics. 

Also, knowing how he is, he prob knew it would piss a bunch of people off so went out of his way to make it look as bad as possible.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:14 AM, OldCY said:

Thanks! Is there something like that for more detailed work? Like a pen version

Spray it out on a cup then use a paint brush. 

You can also use leather dye or acrylic/oil based paint pens. 

On 5/8/2023 at 5:52 AM, OldCY said:

Got pics of the gloves you’re trying to modify? 

It is just a pair of retail FT4 in black. I wanted to black out the white accents.  It’s fine though, I am pretty skeptical about doing it anyway.