Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ribby311

CCM Jetspeed FT6 Pro Stick

I just learned the FT6 Pro will not be released at retail in a 95 flex and P90TM curve. The 95 flex is only being released in the P28 and P29. I’ve been using a 95 flex P90TM Jetspeed since it’s release with the FT3. Am I better off getting a 95 flex P28 or an 85 flex P90TM? My gut says 95 flex P28 but I figured it was worth asking the MSH community their thoughts. I’m about 6’1.5” tall and weigh about 215lbs. I cut the 95 flex to the height of the 85 flex. Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Do you have any friends or teammates or non-enemies who would let you borrow their 85 flex and see if you like playing with it? (or borrow it from an enemy, but then really lean hard into a bunch of slapshots with it.)

After cutting the 95 flex you’re probably getting to be around 100, so the 85 might feel like a significant drop, but the trend for the past decade is people going down in flex. 

It’s all personal preference but using a ~100 flex stick just seems like a lot. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! I’ve tried multiple flex points all the way down to 70 flex and I feel I have way more control receiving passes, making passes, and stick-handling with the higher flex. I also find it better for poke checks and puck battles. 

On the other hand, I’ve never found a curve I like as much as the P90TM. 

CCM has created quite the dilemma for me. Would love more opinions/suggestions from others - I have a week until it’s released haha!

Edited by Ribby311

Are you sure that's not just the pre order period? It seems really odd.

If that is the case. Load up on FT5's.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! I am 99% positive as it’s confirmed in the CCM 2023 release book and I double confirmed it with my LHS owner who speaks with the MN CCM rep regularly. 

I think I’d be better off ordering the minimum 6 custom sticks given the difficulty of finding a bunch of 95 flex P90TM FT5 pro’s at this point. Not many left out there. However, I don’t want to spend that kind of money as I generally only need 2 sticks in a year and even with a stick that has durability issues like the FT3 pro, I “only” went through 4. 

Also, apparently CCM resolved whatever material issues they were having due to covid and the FT6 pro feels like the FT3 pro and the FT3 pro was so much better than the FT4 pro and FT5 pro. I’d go as far to say that the FT3 pro was maybe my favorite stick I’ve ever used despite the durability. 

Given all this, I think getting a couple FT6 pro’s makes the most sense to me. Just have to figure out if it should be 95 flex p28 or 85 flex p90tm. 

On 5/19/2023 at 6:26 AM, Ribby311 said:

I just learned the FT6 Pro will not be released at retail in a 95 flex and P90TM curve. The 95 flex is only being released in the P28 and P29. I’ve been using a 95 flex P90TM Jetspeed since it’s release with the FT3. Am I better off getting a 95 flex P28 or an 85 flex P90TM? My gut says 95 flex P28 but I figured it was worth asking the MSH community their thoughts. I’m about 6’1.5” tall and weigh about 215lbs. I cut the 95 flex to the height of the 85 flex. Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Just do a custom stick order. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

Just do a custom stick order. 

Thanks for the reply! I don’t want to spend that kind of money as I generally only need 2 sticks in a year and even with a stick that has durability issues like the FT3 pro, I “only” went through 4. Outside of a custom order, would you recommend going with the 95 flex p28 or 85 flex p90tm given all the information in my previous posts on this thread?

3 minutes ago, stick9 said:

I'd stick with the pattern and change the flex. Or I'd do a custom order and resell a few.

Thanks! I’m leaning towards getting one 85 flex p90tm and trying it and if it’s too whippy I’ll bite the bullet and do a custom order and resell what I don’t use if the ft7 is an improvement on the ft6 like the ft6 is supposed to be on the ft5. 

19 hours ago, Ribby311 said:

Thanks for the reply! I’ve tried multiple flex points all the way down to 70 flex and I feel I have way more control receiving passes, making passes, and stick-handling with the higher flex. I also find it better for poke checks and puck battles. 

On the other hand, I’ve never found a curve I like as much as the P90TM. 

CCM has created quite the dilemma for me. Would love more opinions/suggestions from others - I have a week until it’s released haha!

What do you mean "multiple flex points all the way down to 70"?  Generally, the more you cut the stiffer the stick will feel, not the opposite, so the longer the stick the lower the flex.  Not sure if that's what you mean but that's how it sounds, also your first post mentioned cutting a 95 flex down to the height of an 85 flex, which seemed odd since the height of each would be the same unless one was an extended version.

Either way, if I were in your shoes I'd keep the curve and go with the lower flex.  I love the P90TM and have gone back and forth between that and a P28 and the P90TM wins it for me, such a great curve, just wish it were easier to find pro stock and sellers knew the difference between P90TM, P90, and P90T since they're definitely not the same lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response!

Sorry it wasn’t clear! I meant I’ve used multiple different sticks at various flex points. 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105. 90 was my favorite and then 95. Can’t get 90 at retail so have been using 95 since I fell in love with the FT3.

95 flex CCMs are 2 inches longer than the 85 flex. I cut them to the same height as the 85 flex. 

Agree the p90tm is the greatest curve ever made and wish it was more widely available too. Also wish sellers knew the difference between the three as well lol!

Appreciate you sharing your opinion. The consensus seems to be to drop the flex and keep the curve and that’s what I’m gonna do. 

On 5/20/2023 at 12:42 PM, Ribby311 said:

Thanks for the reply! I don’t want to spend that kind of money as I generally only need 2 sticks in a year and even with a stick that has durability issues like the FT3 pro, I “only” went through 4. Outside of a custom order, would you recommend going with the 95 flex p28 or 85 flex p90tm given all the information in my previous posts on this thread?

Order 6, keep 2, sell the others. Profit. 

• Thanks 1

Hi.

So sad to see somebody else except myself having this problem. I don't really get it but I guess ccm just doesn't sell them enough. I was planning on going the custom route although 6 sticks is quite a bit. I would love ccm to allow smaller custom orders considering they bring out a new stick model every couple months 🙂 my problem on top of that is I need the length. I'm 6'4" and can only use the 95 flex. I don't know why but I just don't want to use the regular blades anymore. Max height is the way to go for me. I think the more material makes my shots more consistent in terms of accuracy. Maybe less torquing with the added material on the top blade part ?  Funny note when I go custom I will go with an p28M so there's that 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S.Gagne12 said:

Hi.

So sad to see somebody else except myself having this problem. I don't really get it but I guess ccm just doesn't sell them enough. I was planning on going the custom route although 6 sticks is quite a bit. I would love ccm to allow smaller custom orders considering they bring out a new stick model every couple months 🙂 my problem on top of that is I need the length. I'm 6'4" and can only use the 95 flex. I don't know why but I just don't want to use the regular blades anymore. Max height is the way to go for me. I think the more material makes my shots more consistent in terms of accuracy. Maybe less torquing with the added material on the top blade part ?  Funny note when I go custom I will go with an p28M so there's that 🙂

If you don’t want to go the custom route, it’s not a max height blade, but the 95 flex will still be available in a regular p28 fwiw.