Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Cutting OPS at fuse point.....

Never mind... success.... I went with 2.5 inches from the E and worked my way up.... got to about 2 inches and voila! Able to hammer/screwdriver pound the rest of the tenon into the shaft (and out of the other empty end).

Thanks, A_S12

i just flipped it around and inserted a normal blade. I had to shave the blade a little, as i was using a senior blade on a intermmediate shaft... still works out fine...

That's fairly common, but I didn't want the weird tapered part in my handle, and I wanted the benefit of the taper as well as the kick point. SO, it was a little extra work (30 minutes) over that of just simply flipping it, but well worth it in my mind (especially if you would need to add a plug to make it longer - that'd be difficult if you have the tapered part in the hangle).

Never mind... success.... I went with 2.5 inches from the E and worked my way up.... got to about 2 inches and voila! Able to hammer/screwdriver pound the rest of the tenon into the shaft (and out of the other empty end).

Thanks, A_S12

glad i could help Ogie.

I know its an old topic, but I figured it was better then starting another topic like this.

I cut my Si-Core grip where it was recommended to be cut for tapered blades. I'm pretty sure I cut it in the right spot, but at the moment I don't have a tapered blade to try it out. So I was thinking of just going and buying one. Heres my question, Its a senior shaft, so do I buy an intermediate tapered blade or a senior tapered blade? I'm guessing senior, I just want to be sure.

Interestingly enough, I have noticed that all tapered hosels are not the same (Easton woodie's run a bit larger, Mission smaller, etc). But, I would not have tried to cut it unless I had the test blade on hand (so as not to cut it up too high). Hopefully, you won't run into any issues.

Very true, Ogie. I have found that Easton fits the tightest in most shafts. Then Lville, then Mission blades tend to be the smallest. I have not tried any other brands of tapers other than Easton, Lville, and Mission though.

old subject but i was bored tonight and started trying to hollow out my SGC shaft thats is cut at the fuse mark. so i got most of the foam shit out but there is like a thing of composite right down the middle and im wonerding if theres any way to get it out. i know i could just cut it but its pritty short already and dont want to lose any lenght.

im cutting my SL tonight too and i cant figure out how to hollow the end out. i want to put in a tapered blade. the foam stuff is easy to get out but how do you get the graphite or the solid stuff?

i have a feeling in gonna get my sl too by the end of the month

maybe if someone could take pictures of each step of the process for each model stick if possible

im sure a lotta people would be grateful

sl should high on the list becuase of the durability issue

no, but it was hard on the chissel. only the foam stuff came out eazy. the rest would come out with some work i guess <_<

I heard a rumor that if you heat up the fuse point enough, that you can pull the blade off, and use a tapered blade?

could that be done with an apollo

wish you could doit with an SL

didnt wanna start a new topic

i was kinda confused with this one

if i have an 2006 sl intermediate

and cut and chisel

itll fit any intermediate tapered blades right?

So for the old yellow Synergy Grip, you just use a hacksaw to cut it? Does it have the stuff you need to chisel out as well in addition to the foam?

Thanks,

Jeff

So for the old yellow Synergy Grip, you just use a hacksaw to cut it? Does it have the stuff you need to chisel out as well in addition to the foam?

Thanks,

Jeff

yes you still need to chisel