Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kovalchuk71

Cutting OPS at fuse point.....

SE16, ST's and a lot of the S range (S5, S11, S15 etc) are the Easton ones I have done like this. You can't do this to the elliptcal profile sticks like S19's and RS and no one has ever given me a S17 to fix and I haven't got my hands on a broken Mako, yet.

As to earlier Easton sticks I wouldn't know.

Going to start this now...any pointers?

Afraid I had to use trial & error until the hole size was correct. Maybe mine was slightly different because it's a pro stock but there was a hard, dense foam in the bottom section of the shaft.

Sorry if this doesn't help much but I don't know what to recommend

SE16, ST's and a lot of the S range (S5, S11, S15 etc) are the Easton ones I have done like this. You can't do this to the elliptcal profile sticks like S19's and RS and no one has ever given me a S17 to fix and I haven't got my hands on a broken Mako, yet.

As to earlier Easton sticks I wouldn't know.

I cut a couple of S17's but I had to cut way up and put in a long plug.

IMG_20120429_190025Large.jpg

Is this the same for most Easton sticks?

This works with the SE16, EQ50, Mako, ST, Synergy Elite, Synergy SL.

All "fused" OPS will work this way. I have never tried it with any of the sticks lower in the line. I dont know if the higher content of fiberglass will impact the success rate.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before in the thread but I'm to lazy to read 33 pages :) so can I heat and pull out the blade of my dolo spyne hd

I don't know if this has been mentioned before in the thread but I'm to lazy to read 33 pages :) so can I heat and pull out the blade of my dolo spyne hd

Well at least you admit you are lazy! :laugh: Type spyne at the top where it says search this topic.

Cut down the AI9 & it takes a tapered blade for anyone interested

AI9 was one of the easiest ones I have done. Done 3 now (thank God for AHL teams) and each one took relatively little chiseling and I didn't have to cut very high.

Hey guys, I have an old mission fuel ops, not the fuel ti, the one before that. The blade is cracked but the shaft is basically new.

Is it just a case of cutting the blade off and sticking in a standard blade? Or will it be a taper job?

I think with the Fuel OPS, you can convert it to a tapered shaft, but you'll have to cut higher up, which means a longer end plug, UNLESS you can get one of the long hosel tapered blades.

I read that the One95 can be cut and salvaged. Mine is getting eaten at the toe so am considering the process once it breaks. Is it a straight cut and fit for a tapered blade or should I expect a higher cut for a standard?

I just converted an APX for a buddy of mine. I cut 2.25" below the T in the Textreme logo by the lower Bauer logo. Since it was my buddies, I only inserted a blade (no glue/tape) and it fit with only a tiny amount of wiggle. Should be fixed by 1) gluing or 2) one strip of tape max.

What size hosel does this take? Tapered?

Conversion complete, ended up just making it a ball/roller stick. Quite blade heavy but that was expected, and happy with the results.

Got a pro stock dolomite that I can't seem to heat and pull the blade out of. I have gotten blades out of 3 pro stock dolomite shafts before easily. This one will not budge! I need to keep the shaft in useable form without charring it too badly. Help!

Is the blade salvageable on an One95? I'm tempted to take on the blade and put in a different one as I can't get used to the p14 curve.

No. It is not fused.

ok so i cut the blade off my dolomite spyne hd and i managed to chisel out the tenon but a tapered blade wouldn't fit. So I cut another 3/4 of an inch and it still would not fit how much higher roughly will i have to cut?

ok so i cut the blade off my dolomite spyne hd and i managed to chisel out the tenon but a tapered blade wouldn't fit. So I cut another 3/4 of an inch and it still would not fit how much higher roughly will i have to cut?

How thick are the remaining walls? Are you sure you can't get another thin layer chiseled out?

have salvaged a couple of warrior ops blades from snapped shafts in the past, cut high on the fuse point then used a grinder to thin down the shaft material, soon the joint and construction becomes visible and after grinding almost all the shaft material away i am left with a blade which can be epoxied into a rescued shaft.