Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kovalchuk71

Cutting OPS at fuse point.....

Hey Guys,

This what I am working with. Do you think I can fit a blade (tapered or standard) at the end that is cut? I do not want to flip these. Any help would be awesome. Also I am thinking once I get good at cutting shafts and putting blades in OPS of making a youtube video of the step by step process. What do you think?

Bauer Total One

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u543/fonetiks007/T2eC16NHJGYE9noohK6BRJ5wNS8w60_57_zpsd4c80289.jpg

Bauer One 100

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u543/fonetiks007/KGrHqFHJEgFEnN9muSZBRJ6sdFtT60_57_zps3cfde27b.jpg

You should be able to put blades in both. I have taken a One 100 of a teammate that broke just above the top of the hosel, cut it square, salvaged the blade and put it back together with a slightly longer plug. Some of the Bauers are a bit round inside so you might have to finesse the blade a bit to get it in. Good luck!

'MilleniumFalcon', on 29 Sept 2011 - 09:19, said:snapback.png

TOTALONE

Easiest conversion ever. I was lucky to made the first cut it at the right place! Just sawed 38mm below "E" in TOTAL ONE. There was a hole 13*29mm. I applied a piece of tape to make the tapered tenon fit tighter.
Now I have the perfect mid kick tapered shaft of 77 flex. (ok, not 77 because I had to cut 2" from top to adjust it) let's say 80 flex )))

http://s48.radikal.ru/i122/1109/74/3ecf0...
http://s006.radikal.ru/i215/1109/98/edb2...

http://s004.radikal.ru/i208/1109/ce/140e...

I tried this exactly 38mm from the E & it didn't work. The shaft seemed to have another section in it which prevents you from fitting even a tapered blade. Going to have to try & cut a little higher I think :(

DiD it work? i cut mine exactly as stated above and the tenon on my tapperd blade will only fit about an inch or so in the shaft.

total ones are really easy. just cut at right place to let tapered blade in 13x26mm
T1s are great for cutting because they are mid-kick and the shaft doesn't lose it's features

0_87a40_bbbee909_L.jpg

i can only fit my tapered blade about an inch into my TotalONE shaft

'MilleniumFalcon', on 29 Sept 2011 - 09:19, said:snapback.png

I tried this exactly 38mm from the E & it didn't work. The shaft seemed to have another section in it which prevents you from fitting even a tapered blade. Going to have to try & cut a little higher I think :(

DiD it work? i cut mine exactly as stated above and the tenon on my tapperd blade will only fit about an inch or so in the shaft.

i can only fit my tapered blade about an inch into my TotalONE shaft

did you heat the shaft ? :)

• Like 1

did you heat the shaft ? :)

At first no. but then a tiny light bulb came into my head that said heat it. Worked like a charm.

I got the shaft for $20 off Ebay and the composite blade (Easton s16) for $6 at Play it Again Sports.

I'll post pics tomorrow I'm so psyched on this stick.

Ok Guys here they are!

Bauer TotalONE cut with an Easton se16 tapered blade. I'm really happy how this one came out.

Bauer ONE100 OPS cut with a Warrior Dolomite DD tapered blade. This one came out Ok. I cut a little bit higher on it than I initially wanted too, but I am still happy with it.

Both sticks still have a lot of excess glue on them.

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u543/fonetiks007/image2_zps72164368.jpeg

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u543/fonetiks007/image_zpsd3f8d5d1.jpeg

Edited by Fonetiks007

IMG_0671.jpg

Had some success pulling blades recently, working on a walkthrough for doing it.

How did you get the tenon out of the Easton? I have a broken Easton ST OPS that I am trying to get the tenon out of. It's really a challenge. I heat and pull and chisel to no avail. please help me lol.

I have a pretty reliable system for those difficult fused sticks. First i find where the shaft and blade meet, and cut.

IMG_0587_zps3c7ec940.jpg

Then pilot out two holes in the tenon, these are 1/2", but anything 1/2 to 5/8 would work

IMG_0594_zps8b8f70f3.jpg

Then, after a good amount of heat, but not enough to burn the shaft paint, I can get a good purchase between the shaft and blade with a needlenose pliers. Some twisting is usually enough to break the resin bond and remove the blade.

IMG_0595_zps68750997.jpg

You are my hero on this one. I tried last night to this on this same stick but couldn't pull the tenon out. I heated that thing up for ever too!

anybody try a mako yet? I found a broken one yesterday and the shaft seems to be in pretty good shape and i want to know if i'm able to salvage it

I have a 2009 dolomite with the HD blade...the blade is toast cut I do a yank on that to fit a tapered or reg hosel bladein the shaft...it's still in great shape id love to salvage the shaft for a driveway stick

Did a Mako2 this morning and will accept a tapered blade easy.

Didnt pull out from the bottom but found it was a bit easier to push it through the top.

Did a Mako2 this morning and will accept a tapered blade easy.

hi ,

check please pics , you will find a place where you should saw off a shaft to take a tapered blade, if your stick was legit , you wont face any kind of difficulty, if a stick was fake a file is needed to shape a rectangular hole to take a blade . It took me no more a couple of minutes to do that job , just sawed off and put in .

as for any tapered blade - I believe yes , though I experienced only with Bauer's .

I have an Intermediate TotalONE that has a broken blade, I would like to make it a 2 piece set up, but had some questions. First off, I've read through this thread and it sounds like with the intermediate shaft, I will be able to put a Tapered Senior blade in it, is this correct? Or will I need a standard? Secondly, I wanted to see if someone could give me a quick rundown of the process to cutting the stick and pulling the blade out, I have never done this before and I'd rather not mess up to the point I can't fix it. Thank you for any help.