Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sven

How did you tie up your skates

Hi there,

i just wanted to ask all of you how you tied up your skates ?

Just the normal way or some new ways (which i dont know ;)) ?

I personally laced them up the normal way (like in shoes)

ok this is dumb, but il answer anyways, i do it normal till the second last eyelet where i put it in the same side as it comes ou making a loop in which i pass the other lace through and tigthen. I only go till the second last eyelet.

does backlacing keep the skate tighter? because i am looking for a way get my skates to stay snug throughout the entire game.

I backlace mine and never have problems. I've shown some people how to do it and they usually complain that the skates are too tight the first time. they aren't used to having the laces stay tight.

I recently started back lacing my skates as well. The only thing i had to adjust was how tight i had my laces to begin with. Lacing them normaly, I would tie them tighter in the beggining, assuming that after 10-15 minutes they would losen up to where i wanted them to be. Back lacing, I tie them as tight as I want them to be in the beggining and they don't get any looser during the course of a game or practice.

The battery for my digital camera just died or I would put a picture up tonight. Really it doens't look much differnt than normally laced skates, you just stick the lace through the outside of the eyelet inside of the inside like normal, think opposite of what you usually do. I'll put a picture up tommorrow after my battery charges if I remember.

as far as i can tell, they look the same. i backlace by skates, but after about 30-40 min on the ice, they stretch anyways, which is pretty annoying. i need to find me some wax laces

Here's a picture comparing a backlaced and a non-backlaced skate, side by side. Graf makes the best laces IMHO, I just don't like it how my LHS doesn't carry white waxed laces, only yellow, and no longer than 84" :ph34r:

tokes1320-skates.jpg

Whats the advantage to backlacing?

Backlacing keeps the skate tight even after the laces start to get a bit wet and you start skating in them for a while.

Great advice and information. I tried it out yesterday in practice, and what a difference. Even my left foot (which is a 1/4 size smaller than my right) felt secure.

Thanks a lot everybody!

I use Graf waxed laces which are probably the best wax laces ever made, and I still find myself always having to re-tie my skates after the 2nd period.

I'm definitely going to give backlacing a try.

Edited by Gummer12

Here's a picture comparing a backlaced and a non-backlaced skate, side by side. Graf makes the best laces IMHO, I just don't like it how my LHS doesn't carry white waxed laces, only yellow, and no longer than 84" :angry:

tokes1320-skates.jpg

well i cant see any difference... :ph34r:

How do you back lace ?

i dont know it :(

how about making a small video? :D