Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canhockey7

What kind of golf clubs do you use?

Sorry to bring back from the grave....

Background

11st 2 lbs, 15 y.o

Drives Around 230-260yds

plays 3-5 times a week

Driver

Cleveland Hi-Bore 10.5 fujikura reg shaft

Fairway Woods

Callaway Fusion 3wood Reg Graph Shaft

Irons

Mizuno MX23 3-pw Dynamic Gold shafts

Wedges

Mizuno Black Nickle 53

Mizuno Raw Haze 60

Putter

Odyssey Rossie

Bag

Taylormade r7

Shoes

Adidas tour360Z Red

Waterproofs

Galvin Greens

Course

Bonnyton Golf Club

Handicap

19 but should be MUCH lower.

Just updating since it got bumped

Driver: TaylorMade â„¢ R510 TP with Fujikura E-350 (stiff)

Woods: TM R580 3 Wood, and TM R580 7 Wood, both have stiff Grafalloy Blue

Irons: Cleveland CG1 Black Pearls - Stiff stock steel shafts

Wedge: Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 54 degree and 60 degree

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 35''

Balls: Taylormade TP Red

Glove: TM React

Shoes: Nike

Finally got my handicap to a 2, and had my first round in 60's last season. I'm stoked for this season, hoping the wedges will give me a little more of what I'm looking for around the greens.

Driver - TM R7 425 TP

Fairway Wood - TM R7 3w 15* & TM R7 5w TP 17.5*

Hybrids - TM Dual Rescue TP 19* & 22*

Irons - Titleist 822 DCIs

Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56 & 60*

Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa '62 #2

I have only been playing for a couple of years and am still using my first clubs which was a 12 club RAM set complete with bag and tees. I'm a lefty so I didn't have such a huge selection of sets to choose from but the bloke at the shop recommended this particular set to me and it has yet to disappoint.

driver- callaway erc fusion

irons- callaway fusion

putter- dont know what its called but i have it form my first set of clubs (probably need a new one)

wedges- callaway

Cleveland Launcher 460 11.5* stiff

Nike Ignite T60 4w & 7w steel stiff

Mizuno MX-20 4-PW Dynalite Gold R300

Callaway Forged Vintage 52, 56, 60

SeeMore OnePutt 33"

Index: 9.8

Home Course: www.golfclubatredrock.com

I play 40-50 rounds/year.

Edit, my customs finally showed up!

Golf1.JPG

Nike SasQuatch 9.5* Aldila Stiff

Nike CPR2 Stiff 18*

Nike CPR2 Stiff 22*

Nike CPR2 Stiff 26*

Nike Slingshot Irons, 2* flat, 6W, 7W, 8W, 9W, PW, AW

Nike SVTour Sand Wedge 56*

Cleveland CG10 Lob Wedge 60*

Odyssey 2-ball putter

SasQuatch Tour Bag

Golf2.JPG

well pending shoulder surgery i should be getting some new clubs this spring/summer. i guess im just wondering if anyone has anything to add about the new ping irons, the nike square driver and then the whole driver/woods/metal woods/and hybrid club thing. any avid golfers feel free to chip in, thanks

i hit the sumo squared last week, didnt add any distance, but kept the ball straight. if youre technically sound and want to add distance, go for the trditional sasquatch

i hit the sumo squared last week, didnt add any distance, but kept the ball straight. if youre technically sound and want to add distance, go for the trditional sasquatch

The Sumo Squared is being recalled. Every single club. They're all illegal.

The Sumo Squared is being recalled. Every single club. They're all illegal.

any source for that?

golfdigest.com front page

and they're not all necessarily all illegal, just enough for a recall, or more than enough from the sounds of it...

SOME Sumo squareds are being recalled for a minor COR issue. Not all. At Golftown today, this particular location was okay.

Hit the FTi, didn't like it much, preferred the Cobra X-Speed. Could be Callaway's longer shafts.

Sumo2

I don't think they're testing every club they shipped out so it sounds like they're recalling all of them that were sent out before a certain date or at least offering to replace all of them. But it's also optional to have yours replaced, not mandatory... Not like any of us could tell the difference, so i wouldn't be surprised if some stores are just selling the old ones since the differences are for the most part negligible...

Either way the head on that club is bigger than the one on my shoulders. Not for me, personally i like the cleveland hi-bore, hit one and thinking of picking one up for this season.

I played a round with the Sumo. After a few holes I was hitting it well. My only complaint is that it makes a terrible noise when you make contact.

Sounds a bit like my only issue (besides aesthetics) with T'Blades. But I digress...

Either way the head on that club is bigger than the one on my shoulders.

How people swing club-heads that large is beyond me. I've tried, but I just feel as though I have much greater control of the club (and hit much more effective tee-shots) with a 3 or even a 5-wood. I really don't need much more than the 270-285 yards I average with a fairway metal (off the tee - usually longer than I would hit my driver, anyways), and I can place/shape it much better with the shorter, smaller club.

A couple of my buddies are fans of the huge club-head - whenever I give their drivers a shot on the range, the only thing I can think of at address is "well, it's gonna hit the face, I just have no idea where."

Damn thats a nice driver, I was thinking about getting the old R7 a few days a go.

Currently using

The first nike driver, forget what its called.

3 wood- Cleveland titanium comp or something close to that

Irons- ben hogan apex edges

Wedges- Cleveland CG10 sandwedge, Ben Hogan gap wedge

Putter- old odyssey putter from a few years ago

Got this new golf bag at the end of last season

vaporlite_white_500x500.jpg

Nice bag!!! i Bought my girlfriend the same one in pink for her birthday last year.

An I love the new driver. Its like a freakin' trampoline.

Update: I just recently bought a set of Mizuno Mx-17 irons. Went out yesterday and tried them out, little bit off, went out today front was a little bit off, but my back was unreal. I love how they feel, nice high ball flight, and good spin.