Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canhockey7

What kind of golf clubs do you use?

I played college golf so i have some nice stuff but it doesnt mean that i am very good haha but here we are

Titleist 909 d3 aldila voodoo x-stiff

Titleist 909 f2 Tour van ust shafted (straight off the tour van at the byron nelson)

Titleist 909 hybrid project x 6.5 also from tour van

Titleist ap2 710 irons kbs tour shafts

titleist oil can wedges 52*, 56*, 60*

Scotty Cameron studio stainless new port 2

I am not as good as the clubs are i just got lucky to meet some people and they were nice enough to hook me up.

Driver: TaylorMade R7 9.5

3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 14.5 (I think, its been so long since I've used them)

5 Wood: TaylorMade R7 18

Irons: Yonex, I have no idea what they are called

Wedges: Titlest Vokey Designs

Putter: Titlest Scotty Cameron Belly

Bag: Callaway

So my current gof bag is full of mismatched clubs. I was really thinking of getting a new set.

What can you pros recommend on finding a good set, or price range of one. Also what set is the best bet to go for?

thx

Ebay and buy from a reputable seller. Ive bought most of my clubs on Ebay and havent gotten burnt yet. As far as which set to get, really anything from the more well-known manufacturers (Titleist, Cobra, Callaway, Ping, Mizuno, Wilson, etc...) is good stuff.

Figured i'd bump this up for summer since i just got done playing and got some amazing deals! (see sweet spot thread)

Driver: Callaway Diablo Octane tour 9.5* projext X 6.0 shaft

Wood: Callaway RazrHawk 3 wood

Irons: Nike Slingshot 2* upright

Putter: Odyssey White Ice DART

Bag: Nike Sasquatch stand

Ball: Callaway HX Diablo Tour

Good idea on the bump

Driver: Taylor Made R580/Ping G5

Fariway woods: Ping G5

Irons: Ping I3 o-size green dot 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Tour wedges 52, 56, 60

Putter: Ping UG-LE

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5*, Matrix HD Radix 6 X-Flex.

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade R580 7 Wood (I have never found a fairway wood I hit better), TaylorMade Rescue TP Hybrid (18*-3 Iron)

Irons: Cleveland CG1 Black Pearls (3-PW) - - Now (as of Aug.5th) TaylorMade Burner 2.0's (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 588 Series (all of them are gunmetal): 52* 54* 56* 60*

Putter: TaylorMade Rossa Corza Ghost, 35in, regripped with a jumbo Winn putter grip.

Depending on the course I'm playing, I pick and choose which wedges I bring with me. If I'm having an off-day with the driver, my Rescue Hybrid and 7 Wood save me all day long. I used to be a competitive long driver, so it's nice to have that hybrid in the bag, knowing I hit the same shot with it 9/10 times (245-250 with a nice 10 yard draw).

I'm pumped about my new irons though. Love the black pearl CG1s but the 2.0's I won in a putting challenge at a charity tourny. Loving the 2.0's!

I recently switched up the putter too. Used to use a Cameron Futura but decided to try out the new Ghost series Rossa putters. Love the Corza. Little heavier than my Futura and I'm finding I like the extra weight.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 9.5* Diamana 'ahina 72g X-flex

3-wood:TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 15* Diamana 'ahina 84g X-flex

3-PW: Mizuno MX-200 KBS Tour X-flex +3/4" 2* upright

Wedges: TaylorMade xFT (w pre 2010 grooves) 52* bent to 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60* KBS Tour X-flex +3/4" , 2* upright

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 w 20g weights, 35"

Ball: Nike 20XI-X

Twist of fate - what kind of training did you do when you were competing in long-drive?

Hi everybody! First post!

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS with Fujikura REd stiff shaft

Fairway wood: Titleist 904 15 degree

Irons: Ping G10 black dot

Wedge: Cleveland cg 14 black pearl 56 degree

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Bag: Ogio decibel

Balls: Nike One tour D

Driver- Titleist 975J(8.5) and D(10.5), bought them both in the last 2 weeks for $15 each! Love the 260 and 312cc, just don't like the look of anything bigger

Fairway- see above

Irons- 1- Callaway x-12

3-pw Titleist 990(just bought for $80!) and 1970's MacGregor Golden Bear Blades(still so sweet if I am playing consistently)

Wedge- Clev 54, Hogan 56 & 60

Putter- Cobra blade

Ball- whatever nice looking ball I find in the water retrieved bin

The 2nd hand golf market is amazing.

I golfed today for the first time in a couple years (other than best ball tourneys thru work). LOL. Par on the course we played was 68....whatdaya think I scored...??

116!!!!!

LMAO! In reference to the OP...apparently what clubs I use doesn't matter LOL!

Bought a new Mizuno MP T-11 60* wedge yesterday. I somehow lost my old Mizuno MP-T 60*, so I had an excuse to get a new one.

just finished an overhaul of the entire rig, except for the putter and the bag, (only because i wont buy another putter until i find a great deal on a scotty cameron studio newport):

taylormade burner superfast 2.0 TP driver

adams tight lies strong 3 and strong 5 (got them both for $89) callaway diablo tour 13d 3 wood, diablo 17d 4 wood

nike VR Pro 21d 3ih

titleist AP1 710 3i, 4i taylormade tour preferred CB 4i, 5i

titleist AP2 710 5i, 6i, 7i taylormade tour preferred MC 6i, 7i, 8i

titleist 710 MB 8i, 9i, PW taylormade tour preferred MB 9i, PW

adams watson wedges, 54, 58, 64

ping anser putter nike method putter

everything is gripped by those tacky golfpride tour wrap 2G... in white.

...and because of a good deal on the new taylormade penta balls, i've got 6 dozen of those, which should last me about 20 rounds.

edit: updated. still have the titleist, but the TPs were a sweet deal, so i switched.

I'm using

Driver : Wilson Fatboy (although looking at the SQ's)

Hybrid: 24* Bazooka

Irons: Cobra 3400 I/H

Wedges: 56* Nike Forged

60* Paradise

Putter: Paradise Blade style

I'm also looking to get a fairway wood, likely a T60 or V-Steel.

Bit of a change since this was last updated

Driver : Nike SQ 10.5* w/ blueboard shaft

Hybrid: 24* Nike Slingshot Tour

Irons: Cobra 3400 I/H

Wedges: 56* CG14

60* Bridgestone J33

Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 (Red)

Just added the Scotty a few weeks ago and have really enjoy it. I had a Bettinardi Hawk (mallet style putter) inbetween the Paradise and Scotty.

So last week I won a new set of TaylorMade Burner 2.0 irons at a charity scramble tournament. They had one of those "Make 3 putts from 3 distances and your name goes into a draw for the irons" deals. Turns out only myself and another guy made all 3 distances and I was lucky enough to have my name pulled over his.

If anyone is looking at updating their irons anytime soon, I highly recommend them. I'd been starting to look at something to replace my Cleveland CG1's with, something a little more forgiving. I went to my local Golf Town and hit their demos of these Burners. Fantastic. I had originally planned on using the set towards trade-in value, but I'm keeping them.

Very long, very forgiving. My only gripe is that the stock grips seemed a touch slippery, so I'll eventually (re: after my wallet recovers from paying tuition) re-grip them.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Titanium

Woods: Adams Tightlies Redline

Irons: Titleist 990B 2-P

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, & 60

Putter: Ping Anser 2

I switch out the 2 iron and 3 wood to keep from going over the 14 club limit ;P

Driver: Callaway Diablo

Woods:Adams Tightlies

Irons: Warrior Custom Graphites

Wedges: Warrior Custom Graphites

Putter: Wilson Green Machine

I've outgrown the Warriors by a couple inches now...can't convince myself to drop the money for new irons and wedges.

I've outgrown the Warriors by a couple inches now...can't convince myself to drop the money for new irons and wedges.

Get them re-shafted, one or two at a time.

Get them re-shafted, one or two at a time.

Yeah I might do that. Try to have my 7, 9, and PW done before I go back to Aruba in the spring. I have too many expensive activities for a college student.

I picked up a used Callaway FT-9 Driver (10 deg, stiff). I've been using a MacGregor MT Driver (9.5 deg, x flex Purple Ice). I've had it for a few weeks and have been too busy to try it.

Yeah I might do that. Try to have my 7, 9, and PW done before I go back to Aruba in the spring. I have too many expensive activities for a college student.

Bring back a bottle or two of Palmera Rum for me.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner .... on my second one, just can't find anything to match it thus far

Five Wood: Taylormade Burner '08

Irons: 3-GW Wilson Deep Reds (straight from 1991)

Wedges: Cleveland CG10 (hopefully updating these next season, possibly Mizuno R12's)

Putter: Taylormade Ghost TM-118