Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canhockey7

What kind of golf clubs do you use?

Thanks for the advices guys, I knew I was going to have a good answer for my questions. I think I gonna go with a 56 or 58 degrees. I had a 60 in the past and it's really too tough for me to play with that kind of loft. The cours where I play the most is short so my 3-4-5 woods or hybrid gonna be used 2-3 times a game and the wedge will be a lot more usefull. It's just akward to see a bag with only irons and one wood hahaha. The question now is, wich is the degree of a Pitching wedge and a ''U'' wedge, to make sure the difference between the ''U'' and the wedge I'm gonna buy is noticeable?

Does anyone have experience with laser rangefinders? Would love to read some reviews/suggestions. Particularly whether or not the slope adjustment function is worth the extra cash. Thanks

My home course just opened (short season in Northern Maine). I got to break out this off season's pickups today, and am thrilled with the results. (I'm a high handicapper).

Just like with hockey, I try to use nice stuff that's a couple of years old so that I don't have to pay a ton for it.

Adams A7 OS Hybrid Irons

Callaway FT-iz Driver 9 Deg w/Fubuki I-Mix shaft.

LH Taylor Made Rossa Kia Ma putter. (Putt lefty and play righty).

I still use my old wedges and rotate them in+ out of my bag(Taylor Made R7 sand and lob, Nickent Arc 62, and Riptide 70 degree).

Just updated the entire bag on ebay

Dr- Cleve TL310 (the shaft makes this club, worth more than the whole club)

3wd- Clev FL

3-pw- Callaway Forged 2009

wedge- Miz MP T-11 52 & 56

Putter- TM Ghost TM-110 Tour

Ball- Srixon Trispeed Tour

Bag - Titleist or Jones(when Im in the vintage mood)

picked up a brand new Callaway FTiz 3 hybrid on ebay the other day (45 shipped! :smile:). Struggling in the gap between my 3 wood and 4 iron, hopefully this fills the need.

Does anyone have experience with laser rangefinders? Would love to read some reviews/suggestions. Particularly whether or not the slope adjustment function is worth the extra cash. Thanks

I use a GPS program on my phone. Free Caddy works pretty well, and the pro version is only $10.

I completely re-hauled my bag recently:

Ping G15 12* stock stiff shaft...275-295 yards

TM Burner 21* hybrid stock stiff shaft...230 yards

Mizuno MP-53 4-pw project X 5.5 shafts

4: 215

5: 200

6: 185

7: 170

8: 158

9: 143

pw: 126

Cleveland 588 satin wedges

56*... 112

60*... 97

Odyssey Black Tour Series #8... either just short or way past

Ive started swinging a bit softer, and my new irons have weaker lofts, so I lost a little distance. My scores improved, though, as I'm in the high 70's or low 80's consistently even with one or two blow-up holes each round. Now, though, I'm fighting balance and plane issues since I'm used to stacking my weight and having the speed of my swing get my arms to start down on the correct plane, which is just below the takeaway for me. Once I fix them I'm sure ill be able to get my scores down to low 70s. My swing speed has been mid-100s for the driver and around 88-90 with a 6 iron. Ill try to post a swing video up soon. :smile:

Picked up a Motore Speeder I-Mix shaft for my FT-iz I-Mix driver, and it is amazing. Best money I've spent on a driver/driver component so far.

Any thoughts on some of the old manganese bronze Ping Putters? I picked up a couple of cheap ones on ebay. A Pal lefty for myself and a right handed one that I can't identify for a golfing buddy.

I have an old Pal2 that I used until I got my UG-LE. Some of those old Ping putters are as good as anything currently on the market

I have an old Pal2 that I used until I got my UG-LE. Some of those old Ping putters are as good as anything currently on the market

Have you, or has anyone else used the old Ping beryllium copper or beryllium nickel putters? If anyone has tried both, how does the feel compare? I'm wondering if it's worth the bother to try to find a nickel one at a reasonable price. (I have a Zing2 in beryllium copper already and like it).

I'm currently gaming a Yonex Super ADX putter and love it.

Have you, or has anyone else used the old Ping beryllium copper or beryllium nickel putters? If anyone has tried both, how does the feel compare? I'm wondering if it's worth the bother to try to find a nickel one at a reasonable price. (I have a Zing2 in beryllium copper already and like it).

I'm currently gaming a Yonex Super ADX putter and love it.

I have used the Beryllium nickel in the past and I liked the feel, soft but crisp. I only stopped using it because it's an anser head and my stroke matches up better to half-mallet putters (think the Scotty Fastback).

I'm in the market for new irons and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. I currently play the Mizuno MX-200's and I'm looking for something with a little less offset and less weight down low (I'm a natural high ball hitter). Probably something in the game-improvement category, but close to the better player level, say a 12-15 hdcp. So far I've looked at Titleist AP1, Mizzy JPX EZ Forged and JPX 825 Pro, TM tour preferred CB. I also hit the KZG Evolution II, which were really nice, but may be too much of a players club. Anyone have any thoughts?

One club in my trunk: Big Bertha

Love to go to driving range, with my jeans n Tims, find a guy decked in golf gear, and hit it further than him

*worked at a golf course for a couple years, so got good time to work on it.

I'm in the market for new irons and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. I currently play the Mizuno MX-200's and I'm looking for something with a little less offset and less weight down low (I'm a natural high ball hitter). Probably something in the game-improvement category, but close to the better player level, say a 12-15 hdcp. So far I've looked at Titleist AP1, Mizzy JPX EZ Forged and JPX 825 Pro, TM tour preferred CB. I also hit the KZG Evolution II, which were really nice, but may be too much of a players club. Anyone have any thoughts?

I play Mizuno Pro Irons , which would be in the category that you are looking for. I guess looking at the new stuff, I think the jpx series will have more weight in the bottom of the blade and more offset...have you looked at the mp series? The MP 64 look close to my "pro"s.Lower offset "players" club. Always wanted a set of MP33s, but never had the guts to play a straight "blade"

Just got my new set in yesterday! (well most of it, still waiting on custom Callaway mack Daddy 2 wedges and Hybrid). All Callaway bag.

• Big Bertha Alpha, 9*, Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2s Tour Spec
  • Big Bertha 3wood, Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65-04
  • X2Hot Pro hybrid 20* (23* still waiting on) Fubuki Ax 80s
  • Apex irons 5-Pw , Nippon Modus Tour 130s
  • Odyssey Metal X Milled 330m putter.

vh6gRad.jpg