Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtei

Chassis, do they matter?

Ok, I currently have some Nexed Atom Skates, really cheap skates, but I have millenium wheels and swiss micro 688 bearings. They run really well and they are pretty comfortable, but I have not tried any other skates that are more expensive. It is now about that time to get some new wheels and I am thinking of some ratrinks (as recommended by practically everyone on the forum), so my question is: Do you think getting new skates (like Mission D2s) would be better than just upgrading my wheels on my nexed skates? Will the different chassis make that much of a difference to make it worth the money??

Thanks for the help!

Ok, I currently have some Nexed Atom Skates, really cheap skates, but I have millenium wheels and swiss micro 688 bearings. They run really well and they are pretty comfortable, but I have not tried any other skates that are more expensive. It is now about that time to get some new wheels and I am thinking of some ratrinks (as recommended by practically everyone on the forum), so my question is: Do you think getting new skates (like Mission D2s) would be better than just upgrading my wheels on my nexed skates? Will the different chassis make that much of a difference to make it worth the money??

Thanks for the help!

First of all, they are rink rats ;) . Secondly, if you like the feel of your chassis, then you are probably better served investing your money in a good set of wheels and bearings like you have. Unless youre going from a flat chasis to a hilo setup, the main difference is just strength and weight of your frame, but again, if it feels good to you that doesn't matter.

Thanks for your help. I decided to just order some from inlinewerehouse...i'll let you guys know how they work out.