Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kobe

Superfeet Synergizer Grey Insoles

Reviewer Stats: 5'8, 160 lbs

Usage Before Review: 4 months (~16 games, 16 stick and pucks)

Skates: Bauer Vapor 10s, size 7EE

Fit

I overpronate (arch drops and ankles turn inward) and I found these to help a lot. The support on the inner side of the insole is fantastic and I instantly felt more stable on my skates in a standing position. I also have high arches and although it did help somewhat in that regard it definately did not completely solve the problem. Bauers are known to have some of the highest arches in the market but I still don't have enough support in their skates. If you're having the same problem then don't expect these insoles to be your saviour.

Comfort

The insoles are stiff but not stiff enough where they hurt my feet. They're not as cushiony as the Dr. Sholes insoles but I don't think that they were designed to be that way. The Superfeet hold their shape very well due to the plastic support shell on the backside of the insole that runs from the heel to the start of the forefoot. Although they're made for support and not to be pillows, I still find them quite comfortable.

Performance

Because of the inner foot support, I do feel as though my feet are less tired after the 60 minutes. In that respect, you can say that these help with your performance as they lessen the fatigue that some people feel in their feet due to inadequate support. The manufacturer advertises that they add "jump" when pushing off and making tight corners but I don't feel a big difference at all. I do feel stronger on my skates but there aren't any magical features with this insole that will give you extra spring.

Conclusion

Hands down the best insoles that you can buy without getting into custom orthotics. They help with arch support but don't get your hopes up if you think that these will completely solve the problem. I'd highly recommend these if you're having problems with overpronating or need new insoles.

Overall Rating

8/10

Reviewer Stats: 5'7, 140 lbs

Usage Before Review: 6 months. (1 powerskating a week, 2 practices a week, 1 game a week)

Skates: CCM Vector 6.0 Size 7 D

Fit

I overpronate (feet roll in) and after playing years of baseball catcher my knees really aren't what they should be. I have fallen arches, probably from the years of me running around in cleats (NO arch support), snowboard boots (again NO arch support), sandals and barefoot. They really hold my arches up. Takes a bit of getting used to, but they work

Comfort

Well I was to the point that anything would make my feet feel better. Because I spend so many hours on my feet my arches would just BURN after playing. I tried other insoles and they didnt really work. They were soft and cushy, but they didn't hold my arches up. These aren't really soft, but they do hold my arches up. They aren't ultra hard, but they aren't like pillows.

I like them though.

Performance

My feet could feel the difference! I can skate a lot longer and I don't have calf cramps during the game. I felt like I could grab the ice better and use my edges more. I have a very narrow heel (the main reason why I use CCMs since they make the most narrow heel out of all of the manufactuers) and these really keep my heel in place. My foot tends to slide around in the skate but these do hold it in place better.

Conclusion

I really like them, the only problem I have found is that I need to take them out because of the thick foam they get really icky at the bottom.

Overall Rating

8.97/10

Skates used in - Bauer 8000

Fit

Right when I bought them I knew that these were perfect insoles. They cupped my heel perfect and everything fit just so much tighter and I felt it made my skates fit the way they're supposed to. 10/10

Comfort

In the beginning it was really comfortable for me because I think the getting used to the insole part was super comfortable. I don't know why but it was. These are such an improvement over my Bauer ETF insoles. It feels as comfortable is it does fit. 10/10

Performance

I was talking to my co-worker who bought these for his XX's and he said that he couldn't feel the difference at all between the Superfeet and the ETFs. Too bad for him :). During the game I noticed that I could skate harder longer and at the end of the game I wouldn't be anywhere near as fatigued. The hard heel cup keeps your feet straight and realigns your legs and body (supposedly) so it's a definate plus to my game. 10/10

Conclusion

Great insoles. I was never planning on buying these but no other insole fit in my 8000s without my toe getting jammed in the toebox. After reading up that these were supposed to be made for Bauer skates I said what the heck. I kept getting blisters with my ETF insoles and sure enough, Superfeet fixed that problem. Even with those performance socks or dri-fit socks or whatever my blisters could not be solved. At first I thought it was just a break-in thing but it turned out to be the skate or insole. In fact, the 'performance' socks just kept my feet slippery dry which turned out to cause more blisters for me. If anyone has the same problem as me, I reccommend these. Sure the $35 CDN price tag looks a little costly but it's so worth it. Go for it.

Overall Rating

10/10

Skates - RBK 7K Pump

Problem - these skates fit my forefoot well, but are extremely wide in the ankle, which led to a poor heel lock and an overall sloppy feel in the skates. Because my heel would shift, especially on crossovers, I would end up with the skates off center on my foot, which would play hell with my skating.

Greys - at the suggestion of a fellow boarder, I picked up a pair of the grey Superfeet and a pair of Oxy Socks (I had been using UA's, which are very thin and slippery). Putting these in made all the difference in the world. They keep the skate locked in place on my foot and make it feel like I am in complete control of my skates, and in direct contact with my edges. Without the inserts, I had to lace up my top eyelet - with these in, I can go back to skipping it. The only negative comment I can make on these inserts is that they decrease the volume of the boot. This is tough for me, because I am really pushing the envelope as far as the depth of these skates is concerned. The first 20 minutes or so in these left my forefeet in terrible pain, as there was a great deal of pressure. After loosening the skates a little and tightening them again later the pain subsided. (I was told by the pro at the LHS that this was likely to happen, and would continue until the soles break in and compress a little).

Verdict - a great product. These insoles saved me the cost of a new pair of skates, as they allowed me to fine-tune the one problem area I have with an otherwise good fitting skate. Considering the difference between the $300 I paid for the skates and the $34 I paid for the soles, I would easily rate the value a 10 on 10, and would highly recommend them.

SUPER FEET GREY INSOLES

Reviewer Stats: 5'8", 175 lbs

Time Used: 1.5 years

Skates: Bauer Vapor XIX 8D, Vapor XXV 7.5EE

Background

When I purchased my Vapor XIX's, I was sized incorrectly, giving me a boot that was too narrow but too long, squeezing my forefoot and toes but giving too much room in the heel. I also replaced the original insole with a Dr Scholl's "sport" gel insole because the original was sliding around when putting the skate on. As a result, the volume was too small and I was getting quite a bit of arch pain and cramps and decreased feel for my edges. I tried these Superfeet before replacing the skate to see if they would fix my problems. I ended up getting a new skate that fit properly and moved these to the new skate with no problems.

Fit

I was stuck between two sizes and went with the larger ones. I trimmed these to the original insoles and slid them in. They fit perfectly. It seems to take up as much, or just a bit less, volume than the original insoles, but your feet grip better, they don't slide around, and it raises your heel/arch a bit. 10/10

Comfort

These are definitely more comfortable than stock insoles. The texture seems to feel better on your feet than stock, and there's a lot more support than the Dr Scholl's, meaning less arch pain after a long skate. 10/10

Performance

One of the big advantages to these insoles is that they seem to allow you to feel your edges quite a bit more. Other insoles dampen the feel of the blade, but with these I feel like my foot is closer to the ice. I've been using them so long I can't imagine skating without them. 10/10

Price

They are a lot more expensive than regular insoles, but cheaper than custom orthontics. 7/10

Conclusion

Hands down the best insoles that you can buy without getting into custom orthotics. They help with arch support but don't get your hopes up if you think that these will completely solve the problem. I'd recommend these if you're having problems with overpronating or need new insoles.

Overall Rating 9/10