Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmancam72

Replacement blades

My son broke the blade off his CCM Vector 10 stick, and he now has a Vapor XXXX with the Lindros curve. I want to get a new blade for Vector, which I have been looking at the One90 for a replacement as he likes that curve. He has an Intermediate stick. My question is will a Senior blade fit in the intermediate shaft? The blade he has in the broken stick is a wooden blade that was given to us already in another stick. We have no idea if it had to modified to fit or not. Any suggestions, as the new blade is composite blade and I don't know if it can "shaved" if needed to fit in the Int stick.

you don't want to shave a composite blade's tenon, because they are often hollow. Thinning the walls would weaken the blade for sure. Also, is the blade standard or tapered?

Below are the specs for the blade. I do know the Vector stick, or at least what is left of it lol, is a tapered stick.

Nike Bauer Supreme One90 Hockey Blade [sENIOR] Item # 3783

Model Year: 2008

Built to the same specifications as it's one-piece line-mates, the Supreme One90 Hockey Blade features the same taper and blade dimensions. Giving you that familiar high-performing feel at a fraction of the price.

Nike Bauer Supreme One90 Hockey Blade Features:

Lightweight carbon-fiber construction

Power core blade uses more stored energy per shot

Flat Bottom Profile produces more power per stroke

Rugged standard taper

Works great with the Supreme One90 Hockey Shaft

This may sound stupid, but could I "flip" the stick and put the blade in the "handle" end? Only if the blade is won't fit in the original end.

from what I remember the one90 composite blades are standard hoseled (not tapered). That being said, it will not fit into the vector 10 tapered shaft. Flipping it over is an option, but it will def. change the flex characteristics of the stick (IE way higher kickpoint). My suggestion if you decide to go this route is to hold up any standard blade up to the end of the shaft (the "handle" side) just to make sure that a standard senior blade will fit in there.

A friend of mine had an int. synergy and when he flipped it over he put a jr. wood blade in the handle end.

While this doesn't guarantee that this will be the fix for you, an easy way to find out would be to buy a wood blade at your LHS to try it out.

Even better, just buy the ONE90 blade at your LHS and they'll make sure you get the right one. Bring the vector in with you.