Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gretsch

Hockey Skate Insoles/Orthotics SuperFeet vs. Foot Balance, Sidas, et al.

I have been a longtime user of Superfeet insoles. I have heard good things about Sidas but have never tried them-same goes for Foot Balance (http://www.footbalance.com/activity/hockey). Considering not two set of feet are the same as another, I realize it is perhaps a fairly moot question. Nevertheless, I am curious if anyone has tried the different insoles, and what conclusions you reached?

Thank you,

Seth

I had the yellow Superfeet (made for hockey skates and bicycling, I believe) and ended up using them twice a week for 8 months. I couldn't get used to them for two reasons. 1) The arch on them really hurt my feet. 2) It made me feel like I distributed more weight on my toes throwing off my balance when I skated.

I do have to say that another guy that plays at my rink loves them. Your best bet is to try them for 30 days and return them if they don't work out.

Try a "Advanced Search" (click on the gear-wheel icon right to the green magnifier icon) and search for "Sidas" in titles only, that will bring up some topics with valuable info.

There are different Sidas products, the 2011/2012 step-in insole being the most similar to the superfeet - I would guess there's little to no difference to the superfeet.

If you want to try something different, you may want to look into arch supporting footbeds like the CCM custom insoles (the newer Sidas 3feet have the same concept - three different arch heights).

Edit : Are you after more lateral stability or comfort ? That would be a deciding factor when choosing footbeds.

I was hoping for a little more comfort with some aftermarket insoles...ended up buying pairs from Superfeet and Footdisk. A big improvement over the basic CCM insoles that I had, but both took up far too much vertical room in the skate - the pencil test was not even close anymore. I went from feeling like I had a good fit with some pain after being on them for an hour to my skates feeling like they did not fit at all.

I ended up going back to the stock footbeds - I'll take a pair of the aftermarket footbeds with me the next time I buy skates and ensure that my next pair will fit both my feet and the footbed. If you've got more space above your foot inside the boot than I did, this may not be an issue for you.