Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pils

Determining a Player's Proper Profile

Hey guys

I have read many of the discussions on here regarding sharpening/profiling methodolgy and techniques. So much great and informative discussion. I have been sharpening for 5 years now and have had a proshop for just under 2 so I do have some experience. But I am humbled everytime I read posts on this forum as they let me know just how much I still need to learn even after doing thousands of pairs of skates so far. My knowledge has only come through trial and error and much reading and I have not taken any certified training (yet).

One item that kept arising in the chats about profiling is that some members (Jimmy, JR and others) prefer to be able to "view" a players skating technique to help determine their proper profile for their steel. Where can I go to get more knowledge on this? Is this through Max Edge/PSB/BM or is there literature one can read?