Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jpeaslee

Quad 1 - jpeaslee

Steel - Step Blacksteel 288 SB4.0

Hollow - 7/8"

Profile - Quad 1

About Me -   Played inline in South Georgia a little bit growing up and club inline in college.  Took about a 10 year break and started playing Ice a year and a half ago after turning 30 and moving to a place that has legit hockey (yes it's "Alabama", but it's different than you'd think).  I play 3 nights a week.  Low D2 player, but skating is probably my biggest strength.  I messed around with profiles a bit when I first started ice and wound up skating on 8'/13' w/ a minor forward pitch and that completely changed the way I was able to skate.  FWIW, I'm a big guy, 6'2" 265, usually play forward.

Review - I’ve been skating on these for a couple weeks now, coming from a Zuperior M.  I definitely felt a little more mobile on these compared the Zup.  At first I thought they felt a little more stable on my heels, but it really might just been that I was more comfortable.  Generally speaking I felt a little bit quicker and more agile compared to the Zup, though it remains my second favorite, with the Quad I being the number 1.  The only place that I felt the Zup really was a little bit better was stability at speed and they were just a bit faster on the top end (unsure if they’re just faster or if I was faster due to the stability).  After trying the Quad I, I’m really the most interested in a quad 0.5, or possibly a Quad II, though I’m curious if they’d really improve a whole lot.  

As I get further into these tests, I may change things up a little bit on some of the older reviews if I feel things aren't staying to scale. 

Acceleration: 4.0
Mobility: 4.5
Stability: 4.0
Speed: 4.0

Other Profiles Tested: 11'9/10’, Zuperior M

8'/13' (not prosharp)

Next Profile: Quad I