Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
kvm

Quad 2 - kvm

Profile - Quad 2

Steel – Step Steel ST Blades, 280 LS Edge holders

Hollow – 3/4"

Skates - Bauer Nexus 8000

About Me –  Playing hockey regularly for 15 years. Play twice a week. I started playing at age 8, played until 15, then stopped playing for 6 years. Picked the game back up as an adult, and have been playing regularly for the last 15 years. Play twice a week. 
I first got my skates profiled 7 years ago. I tried the Maximum Edge with 9' radius for forwards. I don't have a review for that because the change was made too long ago to have a objective review.

Review -  Played for 5months, twice per week.

Overall:

Acceleration: The blade felt like it lacked forward pitch. It almost felt like it had backwards pitch. This hurt my overall acceleration. I had to lean forward more than normal.

Mobility: I felt very locked in to the path of the skate. It felt hard to turn. I had to use a lot of effort to initiate turn and the maintain the turn path.

Stability: I felt very comfortable on the ice with this profile. I felt very stable while standing, gliding and skating in a straight path.

Speed: The length of the useable portion of the blade definitely helped my overall speed. It took me longer to get to my top speed but felt much faster and I could glide for a long time.

Overall: I didn't like the locked in feel of the blade and the . I loved the speed but the step back in acceleration and mobility really hurt my game.

Acceleration - 3

Mobility - 3

Stability – 4.5

Speed – 4.5

Profiles I've tried rated best to worst:

1. Maximum edge 9' radius

2. Quad 2