Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duckjob

Gear Velocity and Hornet observations...

I know these sticks have been talked about somewhat in the past, and I was at hockey giant today, so i thought i would post some of my thoughts about the stick. Please keep in mind that I did not play with the stick, just held / flexed it in the shop. Both sticks felt pretty much the same, so i think the only thing differentiating them is the paint job. Both sticks felt extremely un balanced, very shaft heavy. The blade has a textured coating, and is very flexible. It reminded me of an abs blade that had been used and sat in the sun for a while. I was able to bend it with my hand quite easily. Again, I did not use it in play, but it would definately appear that you get what you pay for.

Did you compare both of them to the old gray Gears?

They didn't have any of the Gear C-4's there at that time. But I have felt the C-4 in the past, and it felt like a much different, much better stick. I know they initially sold for a lot more than these are as well. These new sticks feel like a piece of junk, which is probably why they are only $60

Yeah, I know, I was a bit surprised when I picked it up. A quick and dirty way to describe it is an aluminum shaft with a plastic blade.

Yep. I e-mailed them the other day and asked. That's the only difference.

Both sticks felt pretty much the same, so i think the only thing differentiating them is the paint job.