Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJNJ

Mission Motion Lites - Got any opinion?

I just got a killer deal on a set of 34" Motion lite leg pads. Im a beginner roller hockey goalie and Ive been using a real cheap set of Hespeler pads with no knee or inside protection. Every time I go down my knees are getting killed. Ive been searching for a while and I like the design, form, and price of the Motion Lites. anyone use them and have a review? Remeber, Im a beginner in a beginner league.

they will work for you. i too, am a kina beginner in roller hockey. they work well for me and i can bfly fine in them. they are good and protecive for a roller hockey goalie. PM me if you need more info. ppl even say the 04 missions at least, are like velos. if you are getting new pads, i forgot to say, get the 06 missions or 04 mission pads. i think those are the best. i didnt really like the 2005 ones but whatever. if you like them get them.

me bflying with 2004 missions. ( i know my glove positionning is wrong, i was just focusing on a bfly, nothing else.)

105_0566.jpg

Cool, thanks for the reply. I have a question for you on their fit. How do you wear them, loose or tight? I see alot of the A and B league goalies wearing their pads loose and not using the bottom skate straps at all, they leave them bundled up off to the side. Also, how is the thigh board?

My pads should be here tomorrow, Im getting excited to check them out in person.

i wear them tight except for the boot strap and toe straps kina loose.. i have tried loose and the pads rotated too mcuh. when i bflied in the pic above, my strapping was tight. also, i dont use the toe ties, those are not really that necessary for roller hockey IMO.

the thighboards, they are okay, but they are not the best, but they work fine for me.

I have found that the pads rotate best when the bottom two straps are tight and the remaining straps are very loose...Go with whatever is comfortable...

I tried my bottom skate straps tight and the rest "so-so". If found the fact that I had to keep re-centering the pads a bit annoying and when I was on my knees the pads would roll out from under me from time to time. Any suggestions?

use the toe ties and since they're motion lites and they're very flexible and i would suggest if you strap every strap tight and work on ur butterflys and they'll work. i know you don't need the toe ties but they'll keep the pads from moving so u don't have to keep moving them back into their orginal position. PM me if you need more help with them cuz i had them too but i'm wearing the 2005's now.

Drew