Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Laura Stamm's DVD

I'm looking for a great Power Skating video to help me teach the powerskating fundamentals to the bantam team I coach. I've read Stamm's book and love it. Does anybody have the video that's offered on her website?

If so, how does it compare to Glantz's videos or any other powerskating videos I may not have heard of?

Thanks!

i have gone to her camps for the past three years now. and last year i bought the video. it is awesome! it shows everything like it should be done. it would tell u everyting you need to help teach powerskating. i think it may even give u spesific drills to do for certian things, but im not sure becaues i havnt watched it since the begining of summer. im not sure how it compares to any other videos because i havnt seen any but i dont think you'll be disapointed with Laura's video.

I've read her book, but I haven't seen her video.

However, I like Planet Hockey's videos, since they cover much more than skating. I know one could argue that some other videos would be better because they're more intensive on skating, but I also had Robbie Glantz's skating video and I didn't find it presented much different information in comparison.

In other words, the basics were the same; the Glantz video may have had a couple more skating drills, but not more concepts about skating. Conversely, the Planet Hockey video went over skating, shooting, passing and off-ice drills.

I have both the video and the book. I think they complement each other. The video is good and helps visualize things. The bood is good as well especially the parts that mention where the weight of the food should go (ball vs heel of skate) during various times (like in forward vs backwards cross overs).

Of the videos I have so far I'd say the Stamm and Turcotte DVDs are my favorite.