Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Free Stuff On-Line

Has Anyone done anything like the FreeIpods.com or anything and actually gotten it? Anyone mind giving me the jist of it? Also, please, nobody post a link asking me to sign up for theirs. I know there was a similar topic closed down for Spamming the site, and if this is a problem, please Mods lock it, but I am more curious to this.

You do 1 offer. The offer usually make you sign up for something with your credit card so that they basically get more money from you. Lets say you pick the Blockbuster offer. You pay something like $15 to get movies. You can cancel after the 1 month. Blockbuster pays freeipods.com.

Now you have to refer like 5 people. They have to do the same offer and then refer more people. Once you completed an offer and refered 5, or whatever, people then you get your Ipod.

http://wired-vig.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

Just a quick googlin' of Ponzi scheme led me to the site below, which I actually found quite fascinating, as I had never bothered to look up what the free ipod offers were classified as before.

Helpful Scheme Desriptions

The site's definition of your free ipod offer would be a "straight-line matrix."

Straight–Line Matrix:  [Added 24 April 2004] 

This is a new form of fraud that I am seeing in recent months.  I have also seen these referred to as “Elevator Schemesâ€.

In these schemes, you are offered the opportunity to buy some valuable product for a small percentage of its usual cost, usually around 10%.  These schemes are based on a list of participants, in the order that they joined the scheme.  Each person pays the specified price when they join the scheme, and when so many people (usually ten) have joined the scheme, the first person gets the product being offered (it having been paid for out of the fees paid by all ten who have joined so far).  When ten (or whatever the number might be more people join, then the second person gets the product.  When ten more join after than, then the third person gets the product; and so on.

Though this scheme isn't based on the same sort of exponentially-growing structure as a pyramid scheme, most of the same principles apply here as to a true pyramid scheme.  As with a true pyramid scheme, a straight–line matrix scheme pays off only for a small percentage of those who have joined, producing a number of people who have paid into the scheme and not yet received any payoff that grows at a much faster rate than the rate at which the number of people who have received the promised payoff grows.  As with a true pyramid scheme, a straight–line matrix will pay off quickly for those who get in the earliest, and will pay off increasingly slowly for those who join later, with the vast majority of of participants never receiving the promised benefit.

So I hope that's helpful, if you really want to reap the most benefits of such an offer (Read: Scam the gullible), I guess you should start your own, perhaps hockey related, "Free Easton Synergy SL's!" :rolleyes: