Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

Chara Vs. Ivanans

Was this fight any good? I missed it. :angry: Two huge motha f'ers. I was just reading the box score on NHL and saw this.

Plus - feel free to talk about the game here too. I personally just want to here about the fight though. :lol:

Apparantly Ivanans was being held by the ref at the end of the fight and Chara got a cheap one in and cut him. Sounds like Raitis won the fight though.

Montreal took too many penalties (ref 's did miss some calls though...) Again, I was listening so I didn't see it, but it sounds like one goal shouldn't have counted because Theo got bumped in the crease...Oh well...Montreal's first loss is to the Cup favorite. I can live with that.

I sure hope Kovulchuk is rusty tomorrow or Montreal have a long night in store.

Damn...Toronto wins my office is gonna be hell tomorrow.

Radio..we're still tied for 1st in the league. It's all good.

How do you figure...Ottawa is 4-0....Montreal is 3-1. Tied (with a bunch of teams) for second.

[EDIT] Just saw the "fight" on TSN. Not much of one really. They each got 1-2 shots in and then they fell...the refs jumped in and Chara hit him late.

Radio..we're still tied for 1st in the league. It's all good.

Are you even a habs fan?

It was a complete cheap shot by Chara but since he isn't some guy just called up from the AHL he'll probably just get a slap on the wrist.

That was a cheap shot on Ivanans, think he'll be suspended at all? Was he ejected?

TSN is doing a story now on it...He was "warned" the league but not fined. He was not ejected from the game.

McKenzie just said Ivanans is 6'3" 225....now, I know for a FACT that he is AT LEAST 6'5, and AT LEAST 250 lbs. I've heard he may be even more though.

That's garbage. It was a cheap shot, blatant cheap shot. You could argue the shot he landed on his way down was a cheap shot as well. Ivanans wasn't going to hit'em on the way down, but Chara threw one, got up while Ivanans was being held, and then hammers him in the face, opens him up, looks like he lost a tooth, and could be worse? That's garbage. That's at least a fine. Any idea why Ivanans didn't fight again?

I know he left with the cut under his eye...but he's only been getting 3-5 minutes per game...so he might not have seen the ice again anyway.

I watched the same TSN intermission show you did, I'd really like to hear the NHL's reasoning for not suspending or fining him. It was a blatant cheap shot, he's been in enough fights in the NHL and junior to know something like that was crazy. I don't want the book thrown at the guy, but a 1 game suspension and a fine would've done wonders for the situation.