Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kerry Goulet

"IceHockey World" magazine

i got copies of the first three, but the first one took a really long time getting to me, and jason from salming ended up sending me a copy...haven't seen the latest ones yet

Kerry is a great guy and has become a good friend of mine, but I think he sometimes tries to juggle too many things, although it's understandable given the circumstances in which he started the magazine.

He invested his life savings into the magazine early in 2004. What happened a few months later? A lockout. How many people would buy a magazine about the NHL during a lockout? Not many. Consequently, he's been playing catch up for two years now, although I think he's close to being over the hump. He just introduced a poolie on the website and he's shown me some changes coming to the site that will be awesome.

However, to give an indication of how he can sometimes throw too many balls into the air, about two weeks ago he leaves a message for me that he really needs me to call him back. So I call him back and wants to know whether I can help him with the Legends Tour, since he took over the sponsorship that Mark and I had while with Salming.

No problem, I say, what do you need?

I gotta call you back, he says.

That was two weeks ago and we spoke once for thirty seconds. Same thing. I gotta call you back. He reminds me of one of groomsmen who always tells me, I'll call you back and I'm thinking, "Sure, maybe in about four months...."

The bottom line is both the magazine and website are being significantly improved, but it's taking Kerry foucs away from the administrative issues. From everything he's shown me, it will be well worth the wait.

Oh no, Theo, you didn't say anything wrong. I was just trying to explain why he sometimes isn't the best at follow through -- because he's following up on whatever can finally help bring his magazine comfortably afloat.

OK. I'm willing to subscribe for the full price. But I don't use PayPal. :-(

When you buy something on Ebay, you are given the option to use PayPal and pay with your credit card. But for this I have to have my own account. Which I used to have but I refused to became "certified"by giving them access to my checking account. I read horror stories about PayPal taking money without authorization from your account.

Oh well... I hope that same day they will have an easier way to subscibe. I'll wait meanwhile.

H.

Oppss!! I put my foot in my mouth :-)

I managed to subscribe using my credit card. Please disregard my previous posting. I should not post anything so late when I'm so tired :-)

I'll let you know how it goes when I receive the magazine.

H.