Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheechoo

BladeShark

Cut and pasted the reviews from epuck.com....just in case you missed them. They sound like a good idea.

======================================

too thick 05.17.2005

by chris in Philly Overall Rating: 2

great grip but too thick. can't feel the puck on the blade.

Great BladeShark 04.20.2005

by A2 in San Diego Overall Rating: 5

I applied this to my Innovative True One stick and the combonation of the two product were amazing. The Blade Shark did just as they claim. It bites and controls the puck incredibly as well as releases the puck for passes and shots better than tape could ever dream to do. This is the future of stick tape.

By Golly- They Work! 01.27.2005

by Chris in Starkville, MS Overall Rating: 5

Well, I don't know if these particular items work. However, I purchaed a similiar item from a Play It Again Sports in Birmingham, AL, and right away I saw a big difference between tape and these. If you're playing on ice, I guess you can stay with tape (I haven't played on ice yet, so I can't tell anyone anything). But if you play on harder and higher friction surfaces (i.e. tennis courts), then forget the tape and go with these. You won't have to worry about constantly re-taping your blades between periods/games. These things really let you keep a good handle on the puck and would probably make any blade (I am currently using a Z-Carbon- Shanahan) feel like a million bucks. By the way, I really wish that a lot of the people on here who write these reviews would learn how to spell correctly and make meaningful sentences.

Yeah, I did see the reviews on epuck, but wanted to check on here as well. I find that people on MSH are often a little more critical. Epuck tends to have a lot of reviews along the lines of "I just received my stick in the mail and it's the best stick ever".

Yeah, I did see the reviews on epuck, but wanted to check on here as well. I find that people on MSH are often a little more critical. Epuck tends to have a lot of reviews along the lines of "I just received my stick in the mail and it's the best stick ever".

My apologies then....

After you posted this though...I'm considering it for my backup roller stick. My tape jobs get chunked up in a very short time.

I also just the bottom of the tape job off so it doesn't affect the glide of my stick on the court. This looks like a good long lasting solution....if it works. It will also save me time on the tape jobs.

I've used the BladeShark. The man who designed it gave my a sample to try at the Vegas show. It only worked half-way, but I would say that was due to my error.

Blade Shark is essentially sticky sandpaper shaped to cover the front and back of your blade. You have to sand the surface blade to create a rough surface that the adhesive will adhere to, and that's what I did wrong. I was a bit concerned of rubbing away too much surface and degrading the strength of the stick. Consequently, the first day I tested it the front tore off with a LOUD sound -- I thought my stick was breaking until I realized it was the Blade Shark. However, the backhand side has been on for nearly eight months.

Obviously, it was Operator Error during installation that caused it to falter immediately. I want to try it again, but my stick hasn't broken and one side still has a Blade Shark attached.

One thing I didn't pay attention to is whether it affected my shot; I was more concerned with convenience.

The main concern I would have is...

Since I use ALL composite blades and sticks...that I wouldn't be able to sand the blade enough to get it to stick.

I guess what I'm most concerned about is whether it'll be possible to get that thing off the blade again if I end up not liking it.
Not easily if you've done a good job adhering it.
Since I use ALL composite blades and sticks...that I wouldn't be able to sand the blade enough to get it to stick.
It appears that sanding the front might be trickier, since it's a concave curve. Yet it's stayed on the back side of my blade for nearly eight months, so my guess is I just needed to sand slightly more than I did.

Again, I like the concept.