Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonsplayhockey

D position on Faceoffs

Where should the D typically be on faceoffs on a Beer League team?

I'm talking say on a center ice face off.

I always have my kids playing D inside the wingers. On my BL team, I look back and sometimes they are either inline directly behind the wingers or slightly outside. Most of them came from a beginner HNA league last year where nono of them played at all and say "thats where I was taught to position myself".

When playing center I motion them inward so I can draw back to them without having to worry about loosing it down the middle between the two.

One practice, they were lined up like that, the Center on the other side beat me to the puck but drew it almost straight back. I blew by him and had an easy path to the goal.

If the opposing centermen is say righthanded then the right D should move to the blue line and the other D to the bottom of the circle.I would say both be between the wings and center,but only a foot or two away from the wings towards the centerman.

my defence usually start slightly staggared, one just outside the centre circle, one on the blue line, but both inside the wingers