Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deniro

Mission 10000/9500 skates and changing wheels

I bought He950s last year. They have been good (even though I got them when they first were available, old skates broke), but I ended up with a size that was too big. They were supposed to be smaller, but the shop gave me an EE width. So, I am thinking of getting some of the new Missions, as I hate having to skate with 3 pairs of socks on, and they still don't fit right.

Another problem I have is that my rink uses ice court, which is not nice to any set of wheels. Although the wheels that come with both the new skates are very good I'm sure, I know I'll need to replace them in the near future. I've got a barely used set of Rink Rat Hornets sitting around, and would like to make sure that these new skates will be able to use regular wheels (of the correct bearing size), although I figure they will. The skate shop is not close, so I won't be going there until my practice on Thursday, sine the shop is right next to the rink.

It's time for me to get new equipment (gloves/pants) at least, and I thought it might be a good time to get new skates for a proper fit, knowing that the ice court floor is tough on wheels.

Also, would a store like Play It Again buy my set of 950s? Since they are physically fine it would be nice to have some extra money to go towards the new skates, since I would prefer to get the 10000s.

Thanks for any help.

I've always hated skates that are too wide. The effect of having my foot roll inside the boot just never appealed to me. I applaud your patience, I would have brought them right back!

As far as Play it Again, I've only seen one (In Williamstown, South Jersey) and I didn't see used rollers for sale. But they might take it back. Clean them up best you can. Clean the chassis of dirt, debris. See if they will. If not, Ebay is always an option.

Well, I didn't notice until after they were baked and I had skated in them a few times. I also figure that if they gave me the wrong size, it is still my fault if I didn't check a last time to verify the size. I guess I could have tried to say something, but I would have felt like it wasn't entirely their fault. I've learned from it, though.

Edit - After seeing another post about switching bearings, a responsesaid to go from micro-bearings to regular bearings required getting regular sized spacers. Where can I get a different set of spacers? I didn't see anything on epuck.com, so did I just pick the wrong online place to look?

you do have to switch spacers. Dont buy the "donut" spacers. the spacers that come with the missions are the same shape but arent big enough for regular bearings. you can go to a proshop and probably buy those spacers for very cheap