Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jay

Shops in LA?

I'll be in LA this thursday thru saturday. Are there any shops other then the obvious Monkey, Giant, and Outlet that I should make a trip to? I'd really love to check out some good pro return stuff while I'm there.

Monkey (Hawk Hockey) would be about the best. Outlet is fun just to hang out with the guys, but not a huge shop. There is always Disney Ice and the Healthsouth Training Center where the Ducks and Kings practice.

Didn't Giant buy out the shop inside Disney? I remember the Healthsouth being a nice shop when I was down there a few years ago.

yea check out healthsouth, you should really go thier pick up on friday from 12:55 to 2 good ice and good players, and yea they have a good shop

Monkey was really nice but there was only one employee trying to help 6-8 people. Giant was big and the employees seemed friendly. HockeyOutlet had an employee that didn't say two words to me. All he did was stand in front of the computer at the counter. Maybe he was browing MSH... PAIS in Manhattan beach was cool though. The employees were very friendly, offered some suggestions on where to play, and I picked up a pair of Kings leftover skates, a perfect Itech shield, and some decent used elbows.

Healthsouth is way overpriced, which is the norm because parents at Healthsouth tend to be well off. They don't over price everything, just sticks I suppose. At least that's what I've gathered from the last time i went there. Anyhow, I would say either Hawk hockey(hockeymonkey) or Hockey Giant to save some money.

hawkhockey(hockeymonkey) is one of , if not the best shop in california, in my opinion. The owner is super nice and understands the equitment alot better than most ppl(former long beach ice dogs player) and prices things modertly, but jay is already back from cali so, none of this matters...

Well, I'll be living there in around 6 weeks so in some respects it does still matter a little I guess. I can't wait either. There are multiple options for me to play both ice and inline within 15 minutes of Long Beach. Unbelievable for someone who had to resort to a tiny paved floor skating rink with no boards once or twice a week and ice only in the winter. As far as shops, Hawk Monkey was defintiely the best shop with the best selection. They just needed a couple of people manning the joint instead of one seemingly overwhelmed employee. I was only disapointed with Outlet since the guy pretty much refused to speak to me (or even move out from behind a computer for that matter).

well , Westminster ice palace has really good adult leagues and it's like 10 mins from long beach, also Coast 2 Coast has great roller , but than again , there are so many places to play roller around here. Also there are a couple other places to get some good ice time and such, let me know if ur interested and i'll get you come info or whatever...