Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jfoehrinslc

Mission boots only?

Hello to all,

First let me begin by saying that I live in Utah, there is only one hockey store in the city, 4 in the entire state. I have unfortunately have had to look elsewhere to get skates. The question, I have the chassis, I want a boot, my last was a Graf 705 boot on a red star chassis. I have been lurking on the board for about a week now and all I have heard is how incedible the 06 missions are, I've looked but I can't find mission boots for sale. It's been a while since I have worn Missions my last pair were the MOD 4's. Hopefully someone (Justin) can shed some light on this, the bare boot being sold by a Mission retailer. Thanks for the help

JK

Welcome to the board.

I see very, very, few boot only deals. That includes all makes, not just Mission. If you go to various online dealers (epuck, hockeygiant, thepenaltybox to name a few) you might find a section where they have "Special Deals" or something like that, and be able to a find a boot only deal. Again, it's rare.

Your best bet, if you're only looking for a deal, is to check ebay or to wait until the summer time. Perhaps places will be looking to get rid of stock or something. Otherwise, you're going to be paying top prices for all new Mission products. They were redone this year, so I don't see prices dropping.

You may also want to consider getting an ice boot. There are plenty of good deals on ice boots all over the place. You have the chassis. Think about matchin it up with an ice boot.

I dunno know though, Utah and Ice Hockey don't seem to go hand-in-hand. You may want to think about sending them away to one of our MSHer guys that do work. I just don't know about the quality of work in Utah that's all.

I can't knock the one hockey store in Salt Lake City Utah, Players Bench, the manager Darren does sweet work, he did my Grafs for me. Unfortunately I have decided to purchase new skates during the time that nobody has skates in stock. The change between 05 and 06. The hockey here is good growing by leaps and bounds, trhanks for the insight, maybe Grafs again, anybody want to by a kidney?:huh:

or you can buy a mission skate at an online store like hockeymonkey,epuck, or hockeygiant and sell the chassi on ebay.. the mission boots this year are amazing..i highly recomend you getting a pair