Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Mission 7500's

Ok i finially got new roller hockey skates. I ended up going with some mission 7500's. The back wheel looks like its touching part of the chassis. I can see a small amount of light comming thro so i know its not touching. Its like this on both skates. Should it be as close as it is? Also for those who have these skates how are they holding up and hows the performance so far.

Don't have the 75's, but on my 55s, the second wheel from the back seems to be pinched a bit close as well. I took out the wheel and replaced it a couple times to sand the holes down a bit and it seems a bit looser now.

well on one of the skates it slows down the wheel. I was thinking about fileing just a small part off so it would spin freely but im not sure if that would void warrenty.

even if i were just to sand the paint off in a very small area im talking about less than centimeter spot that is just grazing the wheel. Taking the paint off or just a tiny tiny bit of metal would solve my problem.

Wow oddly enough i switched the second from last wheel and bearing with the last wheel and bearing and now the chassis and the wheel no longer rub. I think it was the bearing because i tried putting my old hornets on the skates and they still rubbed but than took them back off when i was considering taking them back.

sorry to jump in but...

i actually think that my 7500 chassis may be warped in some way because right out of the box, there was somethin wrong with any wheel that i put into the back spot

unless i put one of the front wheels in the back position (which would work obviously) it is totally messed up.

when i push the wheel as hard as i can away from the chassis on the right side, it spins, but as soon as it is touched to the skating surface, it goes back to the position that it should be in, and it wont move because both the side of the chasis, and possibly even the bolt that goes through the bearing are scraping.

it is a real problem that i dont know how to get rid of

well on one of the skates it slows down the wheel. I was thinking about fileing just a small part off so it would spin freely but im not sure if that would void warrenty.

It will not void your warranty...If you send it back for warranty, that is what we will do...

sorry to jump in but...

i actually think that my 7500 chassis may be warped in some way because right out of the box, there was somethin wrong with any wheel that i put into the back spot

unless i put one of the front wheels in the back position (which would work obviously) it is totally messed up.

when i push the wheel as hard as i can away from the chassis on the right side, it spins, but as soon as it is touched to the skating surface, it goes back to the position that it should be in, and it wont move because both the side of the chasis, and possibly even the bolt that goes through the bearing are scraping.

it is a real problem that i dont know how to get rid of

It sounds like a center spacer issue...Not a chassis issue...Do you have some other center spacers from older skates? Try switching them around and seeing if that works...

The biggest problem is with the wheel manufacturers. Not one company can seem to get a standard dimension on their wheels...There is so much variance in wheels, that no one center spacer works.