Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Is there any way to tell

Ok i just baked my 7500's and the jackass at my lhs had no idea what he was doing and i really think he over cooked my skates. Is there anyway to tell?

Did he take the wheels of at least? If he didn’t the wheels can get really messed up and not function properly.

if he followed the mission instructions then they should be fine.. now a days you can bake skates and still have the wheels on and nothing will get messed up.. i still stay away from baking and just go the old fashion way no matter how stiff the boot is

when the Type M's first came out and were top of the line, the rich kid on my team was the first to get them. he baked them at home in his oven and left them in a bit too long, Wasnt a pretty sight!!!

Totally melted all the graphics and stuff!

the skatebake and a regular home oven are totally different. But if your LHS put them in for to long thats not a good sign.. they arent supposed to be amazingly hot.. enough for the boot to mold to your foor a little so that the memory foam in the boot will mold and make it a easier break in process.

some ovens do require a warm up cycle though, so they may not have been warmed at all. I'd doublecheck to make sure there's no warping or melted areas. If so, talk to the shop management about getting you a replacement pair.

if they break down after just a little time then thats your hint... or if the boot feels soft when you skate in them.. they should still be fairly stiff even if you did bake them

if after you've baked them you are only left wtih your chassis, bearings and a big clump of goo then you've baked them for to long. :lol: