Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Dynasty Difficulty

I was looking for Labeda's warranty number (and still am) to try and get replacements or talk to them about these wheels. They came on my Hi-Ho silvers and have preformed well, but have showed horrible durability for me. I play on painted concrete and have experiences minor cracking in other wheels, but this is ridiculous. I've played 2 games, and all, but the last picture were taken before tonights game. I had 2 evaluations and left half way after one. I am hoping Labeda will do something about this because I paid a fair bit for these skates and I wanted a whole package. Any comments on what to expect from Labeda or comments on the Dynasty's? I still need the number if anyone could help out It'd be greatly appreciated.

Back123.jpg

1987y3.jpg

DCC34.jpg

and from tonights game

TIREBLOWN.jpg

They may give you a courtesy warranty replacement, but dude those wheels are not for concrete... they’re for sport court. (909)674-1665 is their number. You might want to try a bit harder wheel in the future... but if you insist on a soft wheel, get something with a little bit of pigment in it, like a Red Star Rebel. They seem to hold up a little better.

yeah...i play a rental on painted concrete...most of my friends who use labeda's seem to crack often...i use red star snipers & i've not had a problem...been using them for at least 4 months...10 games or so on painted concrete...another 20 or 25 on sport court...i just rotate them...74a hardness...they grip pretty good (i'm 240 lbs though)...lol

I know they aren't for concrete, but they came with the skates. I wasn't going to go out and buy another pair because these won't preform as well on concrete. I've used Milleniums and Snipers on this floor and they both cracked like the first ones did, but not to the extent where they broke. If I do have them warrantied I will ask for a harder pair (probably not even Dynasty's) there wasn't a point in me changing them and saving the wheels for sport court only. I will probably only play 5% of my games on sport court. If I bought another pair right off the bat these wheels would be basically a waste of cash and they are expensive wheels.

I agree w/ Blahster... those wheels won't last one session on painted concrete...

And after you use them outdoor once, you can kiss their performance on Sportcourt goodbye also...

Maybe get the waranty ones and hold on to them for The 5% of the times you play on Sportcourt...

I'd recomend a slightly harder wheel for the Painted stuff maybe some 76a Hyper G's, or as stated above the rebels...

Good luck with the Waranty though...

Just so you know..my son got the new HiHo's and used them on sport Court....same exact thing happened....one practice, and then in the first period of the first game after the practice...the front wheels chunked out, and the others were starting to crack..just like yours...but on sport Court.

As far as using them on painted concrete....it depends on how the paint job is done...some of those surfaces are very slippery, and need extremely grippy wheels.

I've had the same problems with Dynasties on Sport Court. My front and back wheels have chunked out. I haven't had that problem with any other wheels in the past, including other Labeda wheels.

I've had the same problems with Dynasties on Sport Court.  My front and back wheels have chunked out.  I haven't had that problem with any other wheels in the past, including other Labeda wheels.

I have seen the same problems with Milleniums of different kinds, but only when used on wood floors. After prolonged usage on sport court they lost their grip before they chunked out. Then we would use them for wood floors.

Same thing for the Trinities...they usually lost their grip before they failed. However we did have a couple of sets of Trinities do it... even on sport court..and it happened pretty quickly..we figured it must be a bad batch.

In fairness to the people at Labeda...the Dynasties we used which chunked out right away on sport Court..may also have been a bad batch. Hopefully they weren't supplying Nike with seconds......

Same thing happened with my Millenium Pros on the same surface. Chuck from Labeda sent me a replacement with a harder wheel for the ones cracking. Now im using Pro 250's(84a) on the front and back wheels, and Milleniums on the 2 middles. It still has the same grip as the 4 milleniums, and will last alot longer..

Same thing happened with my Millenium Pros on the same surface. Chuck from Labeda sent me a replacement with a harder wheel for the ones cracking. Now im using Pro 250's(84a) on the front and back wheels, and Milleniums on the 2 middles. It still has the same grip as the 4 milleniums, and will last alot longer..

So your using harder wheels on the outside? Odd I've found most people do the opposite. I'm hoping to get a hold on them tommorow and hopefully get some replacements.

i use the opposite for outdoors then i do with indoors. From how long i've skated in them, it really feel any different. My suggestion would be to call Labeda and ask them to replace the wheels with something harder.

Alright, I got an update and basically my LHS and BNH are handling this tremendously well, they said, and I know, that if I were to go get another set dynasty's they'd chunk out again probably just as fast. So here's my situation, I'm looking for grip and durability. I'm open to any offers. I play on concrete, and unfortunately wasn't able to completely make sure of what it is painted with, but it does look like it'd have a little bit of sand in it. They are going to try and get my top 3 choices obviously from 1 down to 3. The Snipers and Milleniums are holding up very well and was wondering if either Rink Rat or Factory made wheels on that level. If not I am open to suggestions, worst comes to worst I'll have both of those on my list, but I'd like to experiment a little.

Did you call Labeda and tell them about your problem? When i had the problem with my Milleniums, i called them, and chuck said he would replace the wheels that were chunking. 4 weeks later, i have not seen the wheels, and am very pissed. I would skip calling labeda, since many people have had problems with their customer service, and go here: outdoor hockey wheels. Skating on polished cement, is basically in the same category of surfaces as outdoor wheels. You might want to get some wheels a little softer for the front(somewhere in the 78a-80a durometer range), because wheels with an 84a durometer dont have as much grip as you might want..

Ya, Actually I called Labeda and they were supposed to return my call, that was a few weeks ago. Because they came on my Hi-Ho Silvers the BNH rep dealt with it and was tremendous, My concern with outdoor wheels is a lack of grip they may provide. Anyone else feel this may be a problem?

i've used rink rats on painted concrete for a couple of hours at myf riends camp. small, cheap rink, but they haven't lost any grip or started to chunk like my trinities did after a few hours. i've heard of people using hornets on painted concrete and them holding up. you might want to try a harder rink rat or something.

to stop the problem of cracking, just don't play on painted concret or what ever it is,and stay with sportcort. and once you do that, get rink rat hornets. i got them and they never stop gripping and don't crack or ne thing like it...................it like being having an ice edge.

rink rats= :D

labeda= :rolleyes:

to stop the problem of cracking, just don't play on painted concret or what ever it is,and stay with sportcort. and once you do that, get rink rat hornets. i got them and they never stop gripping and don't crack or ne thing like it...................it like being having an ice edge.

rink rats= :D

labeda= :angry:

that is possibly the worst answer ever. Not everybody has the opportunity to play on the surface they choose. You could also get regular labeda grippers since they're not extra-soft and not too hard. They can be used on sportcourt or cement, and still hold up fine. They have pretty good grip too

You could also get regular labeda grippers since they're not extra-soft and not too hard. They can be used on sportcourt or cement, and still hold up fine. They have pretty good grip too

It's obvious that you haven't tried them(Rink Rats) yet....the difference is not just a sort of vague..."ummm I think they're a bit better", but "Holy Sh*t....damn! Is this what grip should be?" At least for sport Court. Cannot even think about comparing them to the Grippers on Sport Court

However in fairness, the old "Gripper Snappers" are what we used to use on our local painted cement floor, and they were as good a gripping wheel as any available at the time, including the old "Wicked Stickies" and Hyper "Formula G's", but nothing will really grip that floor(including Rink Rats)..too much dust. They were also pretty durable for those surfaces, and even on wood.

The Labeda Dynasties we have used had good grip, not sure it was quite as good as the Rink Rat's, but they didn't stand up. and that was only on sport Court.

MDE3 - I think he was referring to me not having the ability to play on Sport court. I play houseleague and travel (really the only 2 levels offered) and for travel about half of the tourneys (We enter between 5-8) are sport court, the rest are concrete. I can change to some other wheels I have for the sport court so it's better to have wheels that'll hold up on the cement, because I don't as of right now. I sent my choices in. In order

Rink Rat World Cup

Factory Shadows

Hyper Formula G's

Labeda Grip lites, they are a "soft" wheel and the milleniums are holding well.

The shop has the last choice so i'll see if he can get the others in. If not I'm more than happy with any of those choices. I seriously doubt he'll be able to get anything but Labeda, they kind've have the market cornered here. Maybe if I come into some extra cash, I'll grab a set of Hornets or Halos strictly for sport court.

Easyb_97

You must be in Canada...there's not many tourney's left down here on anything but Sport/Ice/Spider Court, so for some of the younger readers who grew up here playing only on Sport Court, it would seem that playing on concrete is something that would be easy to avoid.

I do understand your dilemna up there..having tried to find a place to skate during the past holidays in Montreal..there is not even one dedicated inline facility..in the whole of Quebec I believe..let alone Montreal. I understand that there are at least two now maybe three inline facilities in Southern Ontario and that they are seeing a lot of use (I hope). It's tough for you up there to be as competitive at tourney's as you already are, when you have to practice on cement and then go compete on Sport Court. My teams always took some games to adjust...often losing close ones as they got used to the floor

It's not only the wheels that are different, but the feel of the floor and certainly the feel and speed of the puck..plays havoc with your "touch".