Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

Rink Rats coming apart

I was at the rink tonight watching the co-ed division of the local beer league. A guy was wearing 06 7500 Missions and his front wheel exploded. He is not a hard charger and is not apparently too tough on his wheels. I know this has been discussed in the past, but it seems like a new occurence should get individual attention. Is Rink Rat going downhill???

This is a stupid topic...It is not even you that broke the wheel, how do you know this guy doesnt abuse his wheels? Are you there with him every shift he takes? Try not to drag an entire product line through the mud because one guy breaks one wheel. Over the past year my teamates and I have gone through at least 20 pairs of various rink rat wheels (MB816, Hornets, and Hot Shots) and the only issue we have had is 2 MB816 hubs cracked...doesnt seem like a decline in product quality to me.

Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed? If no one has had any other trouble with rink rats, then it is probably safe to assume that this is a freak occurence and not a sign of degrading performance.

I agree that since I am not with this guy on every shift at every game or practice, I have a limited platform of observation from which to make conclusions. In this case my N=1, whereas your personal N=greater than 20 X the number of guys on your team. Clearly you have a better statistical population from which to base conclusions. Thank you for your eloquence and passion.

Respectfully,

gman

This can all be answered with a search. This topic is covered in many many threads here.

I am pretty sure I acknowleged this fact in the third sentence of my original post....

I give wholehearted permission to the mods to not only lock, but to delete, this thread at their discression.

with all brands of wheels+ efvery skater it comes down to trial+error. ever person skates differently+ may find compounds crack, or shred to peices, all you have to do is try a new wheel,or something. do as everyone else does+ take your time, rome wasnt built in a day