Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndGame

Best moderately-priced wheel?

I found some Labeda Gripper lites. They are a bright translucent orange. Are these any good compared to the Formula G's/ Formula G era's/ and straight grippers??? The price was right on them and they are lighter than the grippers.

the thing about those older form gs from hockeygiant is that the profile on the 72mm and 76mm is different from the profile of the 80mm which is like most all other wheels. so i used a hilo setup and my front 2 wheels never gave me much grip when i turned and would slip alot on takeoffs. the newer form g eras lime green, orange and pink all have the same profile and grip really good.

i love orange milleniums - im 6'4 220 and theyre the only kinda higher end wheel that ever worked great and lasted. ive had some orange gripper lites as well, not bad either.

the thing about those older form gs from hockeygiant is that the profile on the 72mm and 76mm is different from the profile of the 80mm which is like most all other wheels. so i used a hilo setup and my front 2 wheels never gave me much grip when i turned and would slip alot on takeoffs. the newer form g eras lime green, orange and pink all have the same profile and grip really good.

Hmmm ... well that's not good news.

I got the wheels today. They seem awfully hard. We're in the playoffs right now (championship series starts Tuesday) so I'm not going to put them on yet. I'll wait until preseason practice for the spring session. I'll post back on how it goes.

I promised I would report back about the Hyper wheels. I used them in practice tonight for the first time. So far, I like them. They're pretty grippy and when I was finished the wheels didn't show much wear at all. In fact, the little seam line on each wheel was still there. I know I've only used them one time, but believe me .. I've had wheels that start falling apart from one game.