Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norm

Into the (new) void

I've been playing ice for about a year and decided to get some roller hockey skates for general 'round the block training and driveway practice. Couple quick questions, if I may:

1. Any tips on not getting totally wrecked on these things? Stopping would be of considerable concern. We have a creek at the end of my street, but I'd prefer not to use that :D

2. If I'm practicing stick handling in the driveway, are there any additional things I should do to protect my stick? I'm thinking that the concrete would wear it down to a nub in no time.

3. I've checked out some home shooter tutor products. Any suggestions?

Thanks all!!

I've been playing ice for about a year and decided to get some roller hockey skates for general 'round the block training and driveway practice. Couple quick questions, if I may:

1. Any tips on not getting totally wrecked on these things? Stopping would be of considerable concern. We have a creek at the end of my street, but I'd prefer not to use that :D

2. If I'm practicing stick handling in the driveway, are there any additional things I should do to protect my stick? I'm thinking that the concrete would wear it down to a nub in no time.

3. I've checked out some home shooter tutor products. Any suggestions?

Thanks all!!

1. Don't skate so fast that stopping that hard will be a concern, especially not out on the street and driveway. Might be different if you were going to play indoor leagues.

2. Get a different stick if at all possible. An ABS blade is a Godsend outside. Otherwise, tape lots.

3. Whatever works best. Chincey little nets are usually pretty cheap. There's also a hang over the garage door product iirc. Otherwise go old school and use a trash can.