Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrphantom042

refs

Learn how to make sarcastic remarks and how not to get player's #'s correct for the score sheet. Also get ear plugs for the parents.

- sorry could not resist.

Ref jobs at our local rink is rather lucrative considering you get to get onto the ice and get paid! Adult league refs just have to put up with short verbal abuse and fighting once and a while. Travel kids hockey I see is much worse around here. you get it from players, coaches and worse,the parents in the stands.

Our rink has a training program. I think after you do the courses they start you out with the house leagues with a supervisor where you are trained. They pretty much only call offsides and the most blatent of penalties in the Jr House leagues. I see kids as young as 12 doing this here.

Referees have to become like auto service managers, you got to learn to take Krahp and ignore it!

Good luck.

i used to ref 10u and 8u roller games when i was like 12 and i didnt get certified or anthing. i think it is dependent on the rink, manager and hockey coordinater.

Since you are a Jersey boy and not a Canuck...Start at the USA Hockey Ref page and Go from there. They should have all the contact info you need. All Refs in the US have to be certified if they are going to be officiating at an Official USA Hockey Event.