Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunderhockey19

street hockey wheels?

ok so ive been playing street hockey alot lately,and i know my wheels arent the best out door wheels. i dont even know if they should be used out doors dont know what kind they are anymore because i wore the labels and stuff right off. my point is that ive been wearing down my wheels like crazy what do you guys recommend for street hockey wheels that will have good durability,not get worn quick, and have good grip on asphalt. and are cheap. oh yes im not that big either i would say i weigh about 145-150. and i already did a search on this so if there was post like it im sorry.thanks.

well if you're not picky & are just going for cheap...then look on ebay. there are some dirt cheap wheels on there...and make sure you get something like 80a durometer or harder (82a, 84a, etc)...those should last you a little while on asphalt...but anyways...you should be able to get a whole set of 8 wheels on ebay for like $15 shipped...maybe less...if that's not cheap enough you should just run around on sneakers then... ;)

what setup do you have? is it 4 72's or a hi-lo? b/c if it's 4 72's then i have a good set of nike wheels...8 of them...72mm 82a i believe...i used them like a couple times on painted concrete a couple years ago...and they still look new pretty much...they're nike NSane wheels...black w/ white & blue logos...they came on a pair of white nike roller hockey skates i got like 4 yrs ago...you can have 'em for $15 shipped if you want them...just informing you...

Be careful buying from TGMskateboards. I bought some wheels from them and they had air holes the size of M&M's in them. The wheels are totally useless.

I asked for a refund or to exchange them and they said no.

I just went to like Modells or some place like that and bought Kuzak Powerplays which are an 80 sumtin and they work really well outside.

I've played outdoor parking lot hockey for 10 years. The only wheels really durable enough for this are Hyper nhl 250's in 84A. HiLo's are 80mm/72mm up front. I play 1-2x week under hot and cold temperatures and these will last 2 to 4 months of use like that. I rotate every 7 times of use. I've tried all the outdoors and these are the only ones worth any money. sometimes they can be found on ebay for $40 for all 8

m

Be careful buying from TGMskateboards. I bought some wheels from them and they had air holes the size of M&M's in them. The wheels are totally useless.

I asked for a refund or to exchange them and they said no.

man that sucks....sorry to hear that...that guy has always been nice to me...after the auction he'll give me extra wheels of whatever size i want for like a buck a piece...

on a side note...i've bought a few sets of Red Star Snipers from him...they did have air bubbles...but they were so miniscule that it hasn't affected anything...and i've played on my current set for several months...that's too bad they wouldn't replace yours since the airholes were so big...i could just be getting lucky as well...i don't know...

They were Red Star Snipers that I bought. I bought some for myself and they were fine, so I told all the guys and we all chucked in cash and bought some for our team. It was then that we were sent dud wheels.

I asked the guy not to send any with air bubbles as the first lot had some tiny ones, I even wrote that in the paypal transaction.

I have tried to contact Red Star about them but their website has been under construction for months. This guy is a crook. Avoid at all cost.