Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbettner66

Where to get rink repairs/boards?

I play at an outdoor rink that was under some "bad" management previously.

We have a fresh start now - but need repairs to the rink quite badly.

The rink is made mostly of plywood and 2 x 4's and held up just fine for a while but now the wood has gotten weak and started to crumble and break.

I know of another rink that got ice hockey boards donated to them because the local ice arena was remodeling and getting new ones.

Has anyone heard of this? We do plan on replacing boards - but if there was actual ice hockey boards out there that are being thrown away - we would sure take them too :P

I play at an outdoor rink that was under some "bad" management previously.

We have a fresh start now - but need repairs to the rink quite badly.

The rink is made mostly of plywood and 2 x 4's and held up just fine for a while but now the wood has gotten weak and started to crumble and break.

I know of another rink that got ice hockey boards donated to them because the local ice arena was remodeling and getting new ones.

Has anyone heard of this? We do plan on replacing boards - but if there was actual ice hockey boards out there that are being thrown away - we would sure take them too :P

check out the free classifieds at rink magazine. Usually people are selling used rink equipment every month. Their website is www.rinkmagazine.com

is it possible to actually get this type of equipment for free? of course you would probably have to rent a truck to pick up all the materials, but is it possible?

i know the local rink probably would have thrown away the old boards they had if they hadnt donated them to a local rink

it is very hard to find this stuff for free, but like i said, rink magazine is probly the best place to look. They have that kinda stuff posted all the time