Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dante2004

Quality Issue - CCM PF8 Skates

I have always taken really good care of my equipment because I hate buying new stuff. "Broken in" gear just seems to fit better. I bought a new pair of CCM PF8's about a year ago and I reallly liked them. But recently, they seem to be falling about. The eyelets have started to fall out and now the holes (where the eyelets used to be) are ripping. I have only used these skates 2-3 times a month over the course of this time period, so I can't justify saying that I just "wore them out". I sincerely believe that this is a quality issue. Have any of you had any success getting a manufacture (in this case CCM) to back up their quality on a product that is a year old? My other pair of skates (also CCM) I bought in 2003 and they are still in 100% operational condition. And I use the OLD pair 1-2 times per week.

I am going to call CCM customer service and see what they can tell me, but I was just looking for advice. Has anyone gotten skates replaced with similar issues?

Thanks.

CCM does not deal with customers direct. You have to work with the store you bought them from to determine replacement proceedings. Please search for hockey monkey and read my experiences with trying to get HockeyMonkey to warranty my one month old CCM roller skates.

In these warranty issues you will find out that Justin from Mission and Tour are much better to work with when you have skate issues. I have never had one problem with Mission or Tour warranty issues but it took me nearly 6 months to get my CCM warranty issues resolves.....

So support companies that support our sports is apropos

Thank you for the info.

I don't know if this was part of your post, or your sig file...

"So support companies that support our sports is apropos "

But...I don't buy into the "support the companies that support our sport" ideal. I purchase equipment that fits my body. CCM / RBK skates fit my foot the best.