Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam91

WHA

Has anyone heard anything about this new league, the WHA's Western Jr. Hockey League. The league is about to start its original season with six teams throughout BC and Washington St. It has different requirements then Hockey Canada and USA Hockey and seems to be a completly independent league. They've had open tryouts throughout North America. I was looking into possibly playing it but I'm guessing it will just be some gong show league and I'm more of a finesse player.

It supposed to be an alternate to playing minor hockey if your not ready for big jr. hockey or along those lines.The leagues organizers claim it will be comparable to Jr.A (tier II) Anyone heard anything about it? or anyone going to be playing in it?

The Leagues website is www.officialwha.com but when I went to it all it had were team logos, maybe I don't have the right softwear or whatever.

did they have it last year becasue i thought one of my teammates older brothers played int the WHA. i know he played in BC but im not sure what league.

No thats the right link. If you let the site load you'll see that its for the right league.

No this league is new and was played last year your brother's teammate either played Jr. B (KIJHL, VIJHL or PJHL) or Jr.A (BCHL)

the WHA website thats up right now will link to the Jr. league after the flash intro is over. Right now the Jr. league is only up and running, while the full on WHA is waiting for one more team. They better because I'm on a team if the league takes off lol Hopefully they'll be playing games in October or so. The WHA will only be in the North East.

No this league is new and was played last year your brother's teammate either played Jr. B (KIJHL, VIJHL or PJHL) or Jr.A (BCHL)

my bad... it was the BCHL.

It supposed to be an alternate to playing minor hockey if your not ready for big jr. hockey or along those lines.The leagues organizers claim it will be comparable to Jr.A (tier II) Anyone heard anything about it? or anyone going to be playing in it?

I would highly doubt that it will be comparable to Tier II Jr. A. With 8 legitimate Canadian Tier II Jr. A leagues (each with 20 or so teams), and 20 teams in the NAHL (US Tier II Jr. A), and about as many in the EJHL (technically Tier III Jr. A), there are already too many spots open in Jr. A.

It's time to stop starting up junior hockey leagues and teams. There are way too many, and not enough talent to fill them as it is. What ever happened to playing Bantams and Midgets and then playing Juniors if you were actually good enough?

I strongly doubt it will be anywhere close to Jr.A I'm just pretty sure thats what the leagues organizers where claming at one point or another

The concept was that it would be kind of a developement league and that the players would go into the WHA when they were at the level. Its not going to work out that way because better players are going to go to more established teams/leagues

Its also considered an outlaw league by Hockey Canada because its competition with the already rampant jr leagues in Canada. My buddies who play OPJHL have been offered spots on teams but have been refused because less schools will look at it and I think if you play in it Hockey Canada will not consider you for any of their provincial or national jr teams.

I think if you play in it Hockey Canada will not consider you for any of their provincial or national jr teams.

Do you really thing people playing in a start up Jungle league would be considered for provincial teams..let alone national jr teams?