Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dawall60

tapered blade

i have a vapor xxx and snapped the blade, do you have to flip the shaft around to put in a tapered blade, or can i just stick it in the regular way?

where did it break on you? if it broke around the taper, you need to carefully hollow it out if it is not allready, at this point you can use a tapered blade on the broke end and keep the semi correct flex point or flip it and use a reg blade at which its flex point will be in your hands

it broke right in the middle of where it says monocomp technology...dont know it you know where that is....like less than six inches above the taper point i think...not sure though

Vapor XXX is a True OPS, and there is nothing there to hollow it out. make the break a traight cut, and then try to put the tapered blade in. If it is too tight, cut off a little bit at a time until it fits snugly in there. If the blade is too loose, you can try putting a strip of tape or two on the blade to hold it in. If it is really loose, you won't be able to use a tapered blade, and will have to flip the shaft and use a standard blade. Do a search for "cutting vapor XXX" or the like for more information on where the cut needs to be.