Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

where did my wrist shot go?

Lol after taking a year and a half of ice hockey I got my slap shot back but my wrist shot that used to be fairly accurate and pretty hard is gone the puck is moving very slowly and I cant snipe like I used to. What could I be doing wrong? Ive been working on it on my shooting board outside but its not really helping and with some tryouts this weekend id like to have a good tryout.

Did you change the length/curve/flex of the stick you were using in order to get the better slapshot?

If not, perhaps you're shooting off a different part of the blade? Is there anything else different about your motion or equipment that may make a difference? Even new gloves can change feel and throw off mechanics.

you most likely lost your arm strenght, I noticed that my slap shot is always easy to get back but the wrist power comes from arm strenght and leg work, curve will only give you a comfortable release...

Hit the gym and start light, work on bench and curls but remember to go light, you need strenght not bulk...

When I played ice at 16 I had a good shot...Then I played only roller for a few years. When I got back to ice, I noticed my wrist shot was not close to the same. The only thing I could come up is that I got too used to the light roller puck, so my shot motion was more suited for a light flimsy roller puck and not a heavier ice puck. Also because I hardly had to work as hard to shoot a blazing wrister in roller compared to ice.

It actually took a good 2 months for my shot to return to standard.

Did you happen to play roller in your time off? Or perhaps you simply need to build up the strength and range of motion again.

I'm noticing the same thing with my game, just finished roller and my wrist is suffering, i'm correcting that with a heavy puck...

Wow i completly forgot that roller could be effecting it. While not playing ice i played some roller hockey for my school. Should i just buy one of those orange weighted pucks?

Wow i completly forgot that roller could be effecting it. While not playing ice i played some roller hockey for my school. Should i just buy one of those orange weighted pucks?

You're technique may be buggered up too. Here's some quick memory aids

- puck back in stance

- contact with middle of blade

- BEND THE (*^#*%(*@# SHAFT!

- roll it off the end

- snap the wrists

Guess which I think the biggest culprit may be. <_<

i use orange weight pucks but who the hell am i?

i use orange weight pucks but who the hell am i?

I do too, sometimes. Weight training is much more effective for strength tho. IMHO.

You're technique may be buggered up too. Here's some quick memory aids

- puck back in stance

- contact with middle of blade

- BEND THE (*^#*%(*@# SHAFT!

- roll it off the end

- snap the wrists

Guess which I think the biggest culprit may be. <_<

From roller to ice, i think the biggest problem is footwork, wen I go back to Ice, my stick feels too short...